3

The next morning is literally a blur. Like everytime I blink another thirty minutes pass.

I put my hair up in a bun, put on a white loose t-shirt, black long sleeve cardigan, black leggings with white polka dots, and sandals with gems of silver on them.

I only apply concealer, mascara, lipgloss, and eyeshadow. Not a lot for an eighth grader. I grab my backpack and head downstairs, where my mom has breakfast cooked. Yummy, cinnamon rolls and bacon. I sit down and start eating, then scroll through Instagram on my iPhone 5S.

"How was school yesterday honey?" My mom asks.
"It was good, my teachers are really nice surprisingly." I laugh a little bit and she chuckles.

"Thats good," She replies, "make sure to keep your grades up. Last year in History your average was a C."

"That was only because the teacher didn't prepare us for the last exam," I say, "you know im usually an A and B student."

"I know." She chuckles. I check the time. 7:06. I need to go. "Mom are you ready?" I ask.

"Yeah, lets go."

When I get to school, I go to the commons area and buy a snack and drink from the vending machines. Chloe and Kayla walk up.

"Heyy guys!" I say cheerfully.
"Why are you so happy? Were in school and its 7:30 AM." Kayla says grumpily. She was never a morning person.

"It's only the second day of school." I laugh.

"Whatever." She says, sighing.

"Hey babe!" Chloe says, throwing her arm around my shoulder. Now, Chloe isn't a lesbian! Trust me, she calls all her girlfriends that. Were used to it.

"Hi!" I reply just as the first bell rings.

"Watch us have homework today." Kayla groans. Were all good students, but who doesn't get lazy? I don't really feel for her though because it's only the second day of school.

I go to my locker and pull out my turquoise binder, a purple notebook, and my pencil pouch that looks like a penguin.
The second bell rings, soon enough it'll be the late bell. I head to home economics and sit by Chloe.

All we do today is discuss what we'll be doing in the class, which is: cooking, personal finance, and doing household chores.

The bell rings and I shoot up out of my seat so fast I almost trip. I mentally laugh at myself. I sigh and see Logan already at his locker.

"Sup Anna." He says, trying to be cool. He hooks his thumbs on his belt loops and looks at me.
"Hi Logan." I say, trying to hide the annoyance in my voice.

I grab my stuff for Algebra and then slam my locker shut. I actually didn't mean to.

"Well, well, well, what do we have here?" A snotty voice asks. What?
I turn around and see Kinley, with three of her friends with her. Her blonde hair trailing down her back. She's wearing a black skirt with an aztec print shirt tucked in with vans. Is she talking to me?

"Heyy Logan." She says, putting a big grin on her face. "Kinley." Logan says flatly, showing no interest.

"Will you come to my birthday this weekend at the roller skating rink?" She winks and Logan says, "Sure but only if you invite Anna." He replies.

"What?!" I ask frantically. "Fine. She can come." She states, rolling her eyes. She looks at my outfit and says, "Cute cardigan." Then walks off.

"Logan?! What even?" I ask.

"What?" He asks innocently.

"I'm not going." I say. It's not until then I realize I'm late for class and Logan and I are the only ones in the hall. My cheeks heat up and I run off to class.

I wonder what that was all about.