11

(A/N: Picture is of the dress Anna wears on her date!)

"So um, I was thinking about going to a movie for our date, and then to a bonfire." Logan says, rubbing the back of his neck, "Well I mean, only if you want to."

"That sounds perfect!" I say, a huge smile appearing on my face.

"Okay. Great. I'll pick you up tommorrow at seven." He replies.

"Okay," I say, trying to hide the excitement and nervousness bubbling up inside of me.

He leaves a little while later and I go inside and eat some lunch.

My parents had already left that morning, so I was completely alone except for the neighbors to come check on me every once in a while.

I go and sit in the living room and start on my homework, knowing if I didn't get it done now I never would.

I work on my homework for a little while and then get a call from Kelsey.

"Hey." I say.

"Hi!!" She squeals.

"What are you so excited about?" I ask while laughing.

"The school is having volleyball tryouts! We should tryout together!" She says excitedly.

"Whoa! How did I not hear about this? I love volleyball." I reply.

"Tryouts are monday after achool at 4:00."

"I'll be there!" I reply excitedly, then hang up so I could get back to working on homework.

This is great, I love volleyball and was gonna tryout a couple of years ago, but I was worried about school.

The doorbell rings a few minutes later, and I jog to the door and open it.

Mrs. Carlyle stands there, our neighbor.

"Hi." I say.

"Hey darling, I just wanted to check on you," She laughs.

"Oh okay, I'm just doing homework." I smile.

"Fun, fun." She replies. "Oh here, I brought you some brownies, just a little snack." She hands me a plastic container with a lid full of brownies.

"You're to nice." I say, taking the container.

She leaves and I munch on a brownie.

"Wow these are a lot better than mom described them to be." I say to myself, already starting on another one.

•••

"Anna, would you tell us what happened during the Battle of Gettysburg?" Mr. Martin asks, looking at me.

I flip through my notes, desperately trying to find the answer, feeling all eyes from the class on me.

"Uh sir... I don't have it.." I awkwardly reply as he calls on another student.

As soon as the bell rings, I hop up out of my seat and rush through the door.

"Mr. Martin hates me!" I complain to Kayla, as her, Chloe and I make our way to drama.

"Honestly, he just loves to pick on people." Kayla says, turning as we go down the stairs.

"She's right Anna, he does it to everybody, stop stressing." Chloe says, sending me a small smile.

"Whatever," I say, laughing a bit.

I see a volleyball tryouts poster in the hallway and ask, "Are you guys trying out for any sports?"

"No!" Kayla says, just as Chloe yells, "Soccer!!"

I giggle and ask, "Kayla you should! It's our last year in middle school."

"Eh." She shrugs as we walk into the auditorium.

•••

"Are you ready?" I whisper to Kelsey as we walk out onto the football field where a volleyball net is set up with a bunch of girls buzzing around it.

"Ready as I'll ever be." She shrugs.

We make it to the volleyball net and see our coach, Mrs. Jenkins and Mrs. Colberg.

"Hello ladies!" Mrs. Jenkins announces, "You're all here today, because we all love volleyball! Also, make sure your physicals are attached to the registration sheets."

We split into two groups, thankfully Kelsey being on mine. Mrs. Colberg explains all the rules and regulations, uniforms, equipment, and traveling information.

We go through a couple of practice games, and she pulls people out of both groups who clearly weren't doing very well. Near the end of the practice game, it was me, Kelsey, and some other girls on both sides.

"Congratulatins girls on both sides! Your offically on the team!"

Kelsey and I cheer and squeal, jumping up and down.

"Practices are on Tuesdays, Wednesdays, Thursdays, and Fridays. See everyone tommorrow!" Mrs. Colberg hands out a sheet of what to bring to practice, and all the stuff we had gone over earlier.

"I'm so happy." Kelsey says, as I grab my backpack and pull out my phone.

"Me to!" I squeal.

"Hey wanna come over for dinner?" Kelsey asks.

A blush creeps onto my cheeks and I say, "Actually my date with Logan is tonight."

"Aww! You guys are so cute! Have fun!" She says, smiling.

Kelsey's mom drives me home, and I pack up my volleyball bag that they gave us. It was all black, with teal and white on it.

I put in snacks, waters, tennis shoes, hair ties, hairbrush, socks, perfume and deodorant. We wouldn't get our uniforms until tommorrow, when we would have a fitting for them.

I search around in my closet for a dress to wear, I was very nervous to be honest. I finally pull out a dress, with a mint color on the bottom, and a little bit above the waist it was white with some lace on it.

It's perfect. I don't wanna wear flats, so I pair it with my white high top converse.

I quickly take a shower, then get out and blowdry and straighten my hair. This is my real first date. It's all happening so fast.

I apply some makeup, concealer, lipgloss, mascara and a bit of eyeliner.

I finally put on the dress and slide on some spandex underneath it.

I clean off my converse, then slide those on to. I check the time, 6:38.

I pace in the living room and the kitchen, trying to calm my nerves.

Should I eat something? He didn't really clarify if we were gonna be eating, so I heat up a few pizza rolls, careful not to mess my lipgloss up. I quickly try to find a nice bag that'll go with this. I pull out a side bag with a black strap that says Chanel on it.

I put my phone, money, sunglasses and my housekeys in there.

6:52. I pace around the room until ai get dizzy, so I take some deep breathes and drink water.

The doorbell rings and I nearly choke on my water. I wipe some off my chin then go to the door. I take a breath and open it.