15

(READ AUTHORS NOTE AT END PLEASE)

I feel my cheeks tint, and I drop my hand from his grasp. I run my sweaty palm across my jeans, trying to calm my nerves.

"Um." I say. He's asking for an answer right here, right now. And I honestly don't know what to say.

He doesn't say anything, so I blurt out, "Yes!"

He looks from the ground, his eyes widened in surprise. "Okay.. good."

"Do you wanna come over to my house tommorrow? I can show you around our farm. Well it's kind of small but we have animals and stuff." He blabbers, obviously nervous.

"Sure. I'll get my dad to drive me." I reply.

"I'll probably have to talk to him." He says.

"Why? About what?" I ask, confused.

"You. Me," He replies. "Us." He finishes quietly.

I bite the inside of my cheek, trying to hide the huge smile threatening to takeover my face.

"Okay." I say.

He brushes a loose piece of my hair behind my ear, then drops his hand back to his side.

I run into the gym after he leaves, already late.

"Sorry." I mumble as Coach Colberg scolds me for being late.

Kelsey mouths, 'Where were you?' to me, and I mouth back I'd explain later.

I see Meredith stretching out her legs, and I forgot she was on the team. Great.

We do exercicrs, drills, and practice games. Almost sounds like a football team.

I get water in the middle of a few warm ups, gulping it down like it was the last thing keeping me alive. Which at this point, it was.

Practice ends about four hours later, and I'm completely exhausted, even though I still have an essay to write.

When I get home, I quickly shower and start typing my essay and catch up on any other homework I didn't finish in class.

"Dad, will you drive me to Logan's tommorrow?" I ask.

We didn't have school tommorrow, it wa stockpile day for the teachers, whatever that means.

"Yeah sure." He replies.

"He also has to talk to you." I say quietly, nibbling on my sandwich that didn't taste right anymore.

"What about?" He questions.

"He asked me to be his girlfriend." I say quietly again.

"My princess is growing up. She has a boyfriend now." He says.

I hold back a smile. I then say, "Do you want my sandwich, it doesn't look very appealing anymore."

He gladly takes my sandwich and walks off toward his office.

My stomach has a very uneasy feeling in it, and I nearly hit the counter as my legs crumple beneath me.

"Anna?" I hear my dad call.

I take a breath, trying to focus my vision that just went black and say "Yeah?" In a weak voice.

"Are you okay? What happened?"

"I dropped something." I lie.

"Oh okay!" He says.

I stay on the floor for s few minutes, taking breathes and calming down. What happened? Am I dehydrated?