5

What is he doing here?! This is just so lovely! He'll probably tell everyone at school and then Chloe and Kayla will NEVER leave me alone about it. Or maybe I'm just overreacting. Maybe he won't. Or he will.

I get up as fast as I can, shoving the rest of my bread in my mouth. I rush to the kitchen, then apparently trip over an invisible dead body because the next thing I knew, I was on the floor with a bad headache forming.

"Great." I mutter. "Honey are you okay?!" My dad panicks then speedily helps me up. "Yeah, just a small headache," I say, leaning on the counter, "nothing major."

"Okay." He smiles softly.

"Oh Logan have you met my daughter?" At that point I almost squeezed my finger in the dishwasher by slamming it, but it was worth the embarressment I'd get if Logan saw me.

I dash up the stairs and almost get my door knob turned when my mom says, "Honey is that you?" Crap. I try to make my voice appear deeper, "Um yeah!"

"Come down here and meet this nice boy." She exclaims. Oh she thinks he's nice. Oh honey. I fake cough and say "I'm not feeling it mom." I cough again. "Well uh come down later if you're feeling better." I don't say anything and trudge through my door.

Phew. That was really close. Hopefully she won't come looking for me if I don't come out at all. I'm also really praying my mom doesn't pull out baby books or old pictures of me. Wow that'd be a total nightmare.

What's the deal with Logan flirting with me all the time anyway? Sure maybe last year I liked him just a little bit, but all those feeling were crushed and are now gone.

I open my laptop and start on an English essay that's due in several days. Blah. I'm not really a fan of school, but I'm passing all my classes because I still want my education.

I keep typing and researching, and finishing up homework for about half an hour until a knock sounds from my door. "Mom?" I ask. "Yeah it's me!" She says, walking in. "You feeling better?" She asks.

"Yup."

"Good, are you finished with homework?" She asks again.

"Yes I always do it mom." I laugh.
"Okay. Now come down here and meet Logan. He's in your grade too!" She says excitedly. "Mhm." I mumble.

I follow her down there and then see Logan and his parents sitting in the lounge talking with my dad. "Logan, this is my daughter Anna." My mom says.

He looks up and turns his head toward me. His expression. Shocked, surprised and well, smirking. I had to admit it was a little cute. Who is this boy messing with my feelings and my head?

"Hey Anna." He drawls out. "Logan, hi.." I say kinda awkwardly.

"You guys already know each other?" Logan's mom asks in disbelief.

"Yup," I sigh, "Since last year."

"Oh! So Logan thats the girl you always talked about and that you-"

Logan quickly cuts her off, "Yes, yes mom we get it!" He laughs nervously then shuts up. "Um okay." She says with a confused look on her face."

We all stand there for a few awkward minutes until my dad speaks up, "Why don't we watch a movie? I've got Netflix."

"Sounds great," Logan's mom says.

"Oh uh Mr. and Mrs. James I never got your first name," I chuckle.

"Oh, I'm Melody and this is my husband Brad." She says, smiling warmly. "Okay. Thanks." I smile back.

"Hey Anna why don't you show Logan the backyard? You two can hang out there for a while." My dad suggests.

"Sure," I mentally groan, "I'll go get shoes on." I reply then trot up the stairs to my room. I change into shorts, my cowboy boots and an airbrushed tee shirt.

"So uh I don't really know why he wanted me to bring you out here, he's a little weird." I chuckle nervously.

"Nah, It's fine, I'd love to spend some time with you." He replies and I lose my breath.

We silently walk around my big backyard, and I show him the classic cars my dad has since he loves him, the garage, our dirtbikes and fourwheelers. "Wow Anna you're a lot more country than I thought." He laughs.

"Yup," I smile, "I love fourwheelin' and mudding."

"Same!" He laughs.

"You know," He starts, "My family owns a huge farm a few towns away from here, you should ask if you could come out with us next time we head out there. My grandparents live there and take care of the animals and cattle while were not there. It'd be fun." He suggests nervously.

"Dude that would be awesome!" I blurt.

"Really?" He asks, shocked.

"Yup!"

I'm definitely asking.