9

"I.. I don't know what to say." I look down at the ground and my heartbeat grows faster through every passing second.

He doesn't say anything, so I'm guessing he is expecting an answer.. and thats when it hits me.

"Logan.. my dad! What is my dad gonna say?! He's gonna freak out! He doesn't even like me hanging-"

"Anna."

"I'm so dead! Dead! I'm totally getting grounded and-"

"Anna!" Logan says.

"Yeah?" I ask quietly.

"I've already talked to your dad."

"Oh jesus," I say, freaking out. "Did he interrogate you? I'm sorry, he does that."

"No," He laughs. "He gave me his blessing to ask you on a date.."

My jaw drops, forming a perfect 'o', dad must like him more than I thought.

"Yes."

"What?" He asks.

"I'm answering yes to your question about taking me out."

His jaw drops to, and I giggle a little, the butterflies in my stomach calming down a bit.

But then he grabs my hand and the butterflies start swarming my tummy again.

"Anna," He starts. "I really.. really like you, since last year. I also know you liked me last year." His face flushes a bit.

"What?! How do you know?" And then I realize what I just said.

"Oh my gosh!" I feel my entire face go red and he smiles at me, and I feel myself smiling back.

"Anna whats taking so lo..whoaaa!" I hear Kelsey say.

I drop Logan's hand but he grabs it again and gives it a small squeeze.

I mouth 'I will tell you later' and she nods, rolling away on the skates she put on.

I turn back around to face him.

"Well um do you wanna go skate before we run out of time?" I ask.

"Yea! Lets go." He says, skating and pulling me along with him.

By now, its 9:00, so we skate for a little bit more until I call my dad to come pick me up. I took off my skates and put my converse back on, grab my bag and walk out and sit on the sidewalk.

"Hey." Logan's voice startles me and I jump.

"Jumpy much?" He laughs a little.

"Yeah I guess." I laugh to.

It goes silent for a few moments and I shiver when the wind blows, crossing my arms over my chest.

"Are you cold?" He asks me.

"Uh no." I lie. I'm freezing actually.

Before I know it, he takes off his hoodie and hands it to me.

"Uh I can't, then you'll get cold." I say.
"Nah." He replies.

I put his hoodie on, wrapping myself up and instantly getting warmer. I hesitantly move a little closer to him. Then regret it, and move away a little bit.

"I don't bite." He says chuckling, watching me in amusement.

I reluctantly move closer to him, and he slowly puts his arm around my shoulders. I smile just a bit, feeling my cheeks heat up.

A car pulls into the parking lot, and I reconize it as my dads instantly. I quickly try to move away from him, but he holds me in place.

"Logan stop my dads gonna see."

"Stop worrying Anna, I'm positive he won't care. It's not like I'm a stranger." He laughs.

I smile again and my dad pulls up, turning off the headlights. My dad, steps out, and walks directly in front of us.

"Well, well, well. What do we have here?" My dad asks and I gulp. But then he smiles and I quietly breathe out a sigh of relief.

"Hi daddy." I say, Logan takes his arm off me and I stand up and so does Logan. "Logan do you need a ride home?" My dad asks.

"No thanks, my moms coming." He replies. While there talking I go and slide into the backseat of my dads truck. But I roll down the window just a bit.

"You sure? It's pretty chilly tonight." My dad says, looking around.

Logan looks around to and then says, "Eh what the heck."

My dad smiles then goes around to the drivers side. Logan almost sits in the front seat, but then sees me in the back and slides in next to me.

"Aww, miss me?" I tease.

"Yep. Sure did." He replies while laughing.

The ride home basically consists of talking, laughing, and me bursting out into songs played on the country radio.

My dad drops Logan off and before he leaves, I say, "Wait! your hoodie!" I scramble to get it off.

"Don't worry about it. Keep it." He says smiling.

"Oh okay. Bye!"

And with that he closes the door behind him and jogs up to his front door.