16

The whole way home, I just couldn't keep the smile off my face. It kept coming back everytime I tried.

We finally get home and I run up to my room, tired from the day.

My phone beeps, and I get a message from an unknown number. I frown and unlock my phone, wondering who it could be.

I text them 'Who is this?' and wait for a reply.

They don't answer, so I shake my head then get pajamas on.

I shiver, and decide on sweatpants instead of shorts.

Logan texts me, and we stay up facetiming each other for about three hours just talking and getting to know each other better.

"So I hope you like ice skating" He says at one point.

"Yeah, I do. Why?" I laugh.

"Because I'm taking you tommorrow night."

I blush and he smiles at me.

"Okay." I grin.

"Wear something cute." He winks and I drop the phone from blushing and smiling so hard.

"Noooo I need to see your beautiful face." He whines.

I giggle and instantly wanna be near him again.

I gain control of myself again and raise the phone up again.

"Hey I need to go my battery's almost dead and I'm getting tired." I say.

"But I'll miss youuuu!" He says, a small smile appearing on his face.

"Well to bad." I laugh.

"Anna you're hurting my feelings." He says, holding a hand over his heart.

"I'm gonna gooo." I tease.

"Wait wait," He replies "I still really like you.. and uh yeah." He says, smiling and laughing.

"Me too." I say, smiling.

"Can your dad take us?" He asks.

"I'm sure he can. I'll ask tommorrow." I say, yawning.

"Okay you can go." He laughs.

"Thanks."

"Goodnight Anna. Bye."

"Bye Logan." I smile and end the facetime.

I eventually fall asleep, into dreamland.

•••
The next morning, I wake up and check my phone. 9:18. Ugh, it's still early.

I sigh and get up and walk downstairs, my stomach growling in hunger.

"Dad can you make me pancakes?" I ask, getting down to the kitchen.

"Yeah sure." My dad says, getting started on the pancakes.

I go in the living room and turn on the t.v, watching Disney channel until my breakfast is done.

"Hey dad can you take me to the ice skating rink tommorrow night?"

"Yeah sure, but why?" He asks.

"Logan and I are going there for our date." I smile.

"Oh, okay!"

My mom comes down the stairs while I'm finishing up my pancakes, and she says, "Ooh pancakes. Make me some?"

"Sure thing. I guess I'm the cook around here!" My dad exclaims, pouring the batter onto the griddle.

The doorbell rings, and my mom jumps up to get it.

"Who could that be? It's only 9:45." I say to my dad.

"I'm not sure." My dad says confusingly.

"Who ordered a package?" My mom asks, coming into the kitchen holding a medium-sized box.

"Oh I did." I say, laughing.

My mom hands it to me ad I start ripping it open. "Oh it's the phone cases I ordered a few weeks ago." I say, remembering.

"Oh those are cute!" My mom says, holding them up and looking at them.

"That's why I ordered them." I laugh.

She nods and then I rush back up the stairs to my room, set the box down, then jog back down.

"After I get done eating, I'm going to Zumba for a few hours, then to lunch with a few friends of mine." My mom says, as my dad puts her pancakes in front of her.

"Thanks." She says.

I wash my hands off since I got some syrup on them.

"Anna when can we expect to see your progress report?" My dad asks, looking at me with a serious expression.

"They're sending them out on thursday." I say.

"What can we hope to see on it?" This time my mom speaks.

"A's and B's." I reply.

"Good." She smiles.
•••
By the time thursday rolled around, Logan had to put off our date until saturday night, he had practice all week.

Anyway, on thursday when Mr. Richards handed out our progress reports, I had a knot in my stomach.

"Anna." He says.

I stand up to go get mine and I quicken my pace on the way back.

I gulp and open it, scanning my eyes over the grades.

Four A's and one B-, I'm dead, so dead. I've never made anything less than a B as long as I can remember. My parents were very strict about school, so no doubt they'd be upset over this.

"How'd you do?" Chloe asks me.

Her parents are also very strict, and friends with ny parents, so they'd probably be discussing this with each other.

"I'm dead." I say, handing her my report.

She runs her eyes over it, then gives it back. "You'll be fine, it's not like your failing."

"I guess your right."

The rest of the day was pretty boring, same old, same old.

As I was writing and highlighing the notes I was taking, the phone in the classroom rang.

"Hello?" Mr. Richards asks.

"Oh yes, I'll send him down."

Logan is called down to the office and I mouth him, 'Are you in trouble?'

He mouths back, 'I don't think so' Then disappears out of the class.

Weird. I wonder what that was all about. I'll just ask him later or something.

(A/N: Sorry I haven't updated the past few weeks, I've had writers block and my mind was so blank of ideas. Here's an update though!)