6

(A/N: Picture of the house is Anna's small farmhouse)

The next day, I'm awoken by my dad shaking my shoulder. "Anna get up," He says, "you have company." Then he walks out.

Who could be here this bright and early? I look at my charging phone and see that it's 10:24. Eh not that early.

I lazily get up out of bed then head over to the bathroom. I grimace as I stare at the mirror, the not-so-good looking girl staring right back.

I brush my hair and pull it up in a messy bun, then wash my face quickly. I walk out and put on some shorts and a loose flowery top with my sandals.

I stop by the kitchen and grab a peanut butter poptart, then go to the living room. "Dad?" I call out.

"In here honey." He replies. I follow his voice to the front door. "Now who's here?" I question.

"Chloe." He says. Of course. Who else would it be? He heads off somewhere else and I let Chloe in. "Hey babe!" She says hugging me. I grin and say, "So why are you here?"

"I was wondering if you wanted to go shopping with me today. My mom is dropping me off at the mall with Addison, Kayla and you if you're allow to come. Oh and me." She laughs.

"Sure let me go ask though." I reply. She heads off to the living room while I look for my dad. I walk to his office, and see him writing away with his reading glasses on.

"Hey dad can I go shopping with Chloe and some friends?" I ask. "Sure thing. By the way, your mom told me to tell you she left for a day or two. Someting with a bad case at work." He waves off. My mom worked as a newscaster at the local weather station, and sometimes she went on short trips to other places in the state for more stories to cover.

"Alright. I need some money though." I laugh. "You kids kill me." He chuckles and hands me a one hundred dollar bill. "Love you daddy." I call as I walk out the door. He answers in a faint voice and I go to the living room to meet Chloe.

But she's not in there. Great. I walk in most of the rooms, only leaving our game room left. "Chloe are you-" My sentence quickly stops short because Chloe jumps out from behind the door wearing a jason mask just as I scream at the top of my lungs. "CHLOE! You scared me half to death!" I sigh and calm my beating heart as she almost falls over laughing.

"Sorry! I saw this lying around and just had to!" She laughs more and I join in with her.

"My dad said I could come!" I say excitedly.

••••
"Look how cute this is!" Kayla exclaims as she holds up a Frozen hoodie with Elsa on it. I groan, "Kayla stop obsessing over Frozen! It's just a movie."
"I'm still getting this hoodie though." She says as she sticks her tongue out at me. I laugh and keep sorting through racks at Aeropostale.

We had been gone for about an hour now, Chloe's mom saying she'd pick us up whenever were ready.

I see a cute army shirt with the sleeves rolled up to the elbows, I pair that with a white tee shirt to go under it, and grab a black pair of skinny jeans with some rips, and then my timberland boots and a black bandana for my hair.

"Thats cute Anna!" Chloe says, looking at the outfit I'd just made in the shopping cart. "Thanks." She's holding a few light colored dresses and sweaters.

We all check out, then head to the food court. I get two slices of barbecue chicken pizza and a smoothie. "Their pizza here is so good!" Chloe exclaims, taking a big bite. I giggle and sip my smoothie.

"Our teachers are really weird!" Kayla says out of nowhere. "That was unexpected." I laugh. "I'm serious! Mrs. Melini makes us do all these stupid projecte with crayons. What are we, five?" She explains.

"We had a lot of teachers like that in sixth grade, Mrs. Rush. Gosh I hated her." I groan, remembering the giant project she made us do at the end of the year.

We all finish eating and Chloe calls her mom to pick us up. "Hey my mom said she'd take us to Starbucks before she drops you guys off." Chloe says, putting her phone down in her front pocket. "Do you guys believe I've never had Starbucks?" I ask, laughing.

"You're missing out," Kayla says, "I can't even look at you." She says, putting her hand in front of my face.

I burst out laughing like a hyena on a sugar rush. "You're to weird." Chloe says, shaking her head.