18

I get home later that day and surprisingly both my parents are home. "Anna we need to talk to you." My dad starts. They're both leaning on the counter, so I take a seat on the other side on one of the stools. By the looks on their faces, I might be in trouble. "So Logan's parents and your father and I have chatted a little bit, and we all think it would be good for all of us to take a vacation somewhere over fall break," My mom starts.

"Really? Cool, where-" I start but she cuts me off "Were all going to get together tonight and discuss everything.. rules, where were going, etcetera." She finishes.

"Oh okay. This sounds really fun, thanks guys!" I say, getting up and hugging them, then running back to my room.

I grab my phone and call Logan, who has a little brother and sister. The car ride is going to be a long one. "Did you hear the news?!" I nearly yell into the phone as soon as he answers. "Yes! I'm excited!" He replies.

"This is gonna be so great!" I exclaim.
"My parents said were gonna get together tonight and talk about everything." I explain. "Oh. Okay."

"Anna come here!" My mom calls.

"Hey Logan I gotta go, my moms calling me."

"Oh. Okay." He says.

"Okay, bye. Cya later tonight."

"Bye cutie." Logan says.

I giggle and hang up, then put my phone on the charger and trek down the stairs. "Yeah?" I call out.

"Could you put the groceries away?" She asks.

"Sure thing."

I start on putting the groceries up, while my mom starts on dinner, spaghetti with garlic bread. Yummy.

I finish putting them up and go upstairs. I get in the shower and wash my hair with my favorite strawberry vanilla shampoo.

I hop out of the shower and then put on black leggings, and a superman hoodie. I then put on socks.

I brush my hair out and then trot down the stairs. To my surprise, Logan and his family are already here.

"Oh," I say, walking in the living room where everyone is sitting and talking.

I take a seat next to Logan and my mom says, "Oh hey Anna," She smiles. "We just sat down to start talking."

"Anyway, as I was saying, were going to Pensacola, Florida over spring break for about 5 days."

"Oh cool." I say. I notice now that only Logan's younger sister was sitting down. Is his brother not coming?

I look at Logan and say, "Is your brother not coming?"

"No," He replies.

"Were going to give everyone a little bit of money to spend while were down there. I also hope you guys saved up some money." My dad says.

We all nod.

They tell us what hotel were staying at, how many rooms we were getting. They also told us how much to pack and whatnot.

"I'm excited!" I tell Logan after dinner that night. We were in my room, him laying on my bed and I was sitting at my desk in the spin chair.

"So you've said for the fifth time today."

I giggle and spin around in the chair.

When I stop spinning he's standing right beside me. I burst out laughing, and he joins me.

Soon enough were both on my bed, laughing and moving around.

And then I realize he starts tickling me.

"Logan- Logan Ah! S-stop!" I yell out in laughter.

I roll around and squirm everywhere and he doesn't give up. My face is all red and he finally stops, us both out of breath.

"Meanie!" I laugh a little.

"Oh shush." He teases.

"Are you excited for the beach?" I whisper, looking up at him. But he's not focused on my eyes, no. He's staring straight at my lips.

I blush and look away.

He pulls me up into his lap, and I sit criss cross in his lap. "I um sorry.. I just-"

Without thinking, I grab his face gently and press my lips to his. He gasps softly, but then he kisses me back.

I pull away after a few moments, fearing it would lead to something unexpected. Thank god we talked about boundaries with our parents.

"Woah Anna I-"

"It's okay," I smile softly at him. He returns it.

"You're a really good kisser!" I blurt.

"Oh am I now?" He laughs.

"Yeah.." I admit shyly.

He smiles, "It's alright darling."

My cheeks redden at the name.

This was going to be a fun vacation.
Little did we know.

*End of book one*