Chapter 8

I don't own anything

Blasting apart two parademons with my double barrel I kick open the door to granny's quarters. My visor showed the location of the key with was held almost like a trophy being mounted on the wall.

I grabbed it and ripped it out of the wall and guess what? I triggered an alarm. The entrance door slammed shut as parademons began to flood the room.

I got out my mini gun using its double turret feature and started ripping them to pieces. One tried grab me from behind but I grabbed it's arm and ripped it off smacking it in the face with its own arm.

I three more came at me and I fired my sticky bomb on my shotgun. Sticking to the back of a parademon leading the trio it exploded disorienting the three.

I kicked the leaders legs out from under him and then proceeded to break its neck. The one on the right looked to be snapping out of his disorientation so I grabbed its wings and placed my boot on its back tearing its wings off along with a large portion of its backside. The last one tried one last swing at me but simply kicked it in the gut and punched its head off.

And just like that there ambushed failed but the door was still locked.

Me: Hey Vega can you open this door.

Vega: Actually slayer since you grabbed the key the firewall to the colosseum has been lowered so I shall be able to teleport closer to the next key.

Me: Well alrighty then do it.

Vega: Teleporting in 3......2......1

A boom tube opens up next to me and just walk through. Seeing we're I exited I notice that I'm in what seems to be a an armory.

Walking around none of these guns really seemed to catch my eye. They all looked like common weapons apoklips would use until I saw what looked like cyborgs cannon arm but even bigger. It was giving off blue energy and I could see electricity coming through it.

I grab it and study the weapon.

Me: Vega what is this?

Vega: Records that this was Desaads last weapon he made before he was killed on earth. This weapon fires a singular energy beam that is at least 40,000 kelvin.

Me: 40,000 Kelvin?!!! Fuck! That's hotter than the surface of our sun.

Vega: Correction that around the same levels of heat produced in a blue hyper giant star. Which is what is powering the weapon. It seems Desaad was able to trap a small molecular version of a blue hyper giant star and use to power the weapon.

Me: So there's a fucking super star that's powering this gun? That's pretty badass, any draw backs to the gun?

Vega: Due to the extreme heat produced from the gun I estimate you will only be able to fire it three times before it will overheat. Though it only take 3 minutes to cool off o believe that may be critical in a battle.

Me: Yes it is thank you Vega for the info.

Vega:You are welcome slayer.

Me: I'll think I'll name this gun..........the sun dial. Yeah that works sun dial.

Making my way through the armory the way pointer showed the last key was in the laboratory which would have been desaads if he was still alive. Just then the entrance to the lab was slammed shut.

Groups of parademons started pouring out all charging at me with incredible rage. I got out sun dial and started charging it. As the hoard of parademons got closer and closer I waited until they were nearly on top of me and fired the weapon.

Sundial did not disappoint, when I finally fired it a blue laser shot out of it and whatever was in its way got melted like butter.

What used to be parademons became nothing more than black and blue goop on the ground. I turned the sundial towards the next large group of parademons and fired. The blue laser beam came out melting that was not only in its way but burning anything around it as well. I fired one more time into the remnants of the crowd making parademon soup out of there sorry asses.

Once the weapon stops firing air releases from it and it flashes red. Probably telling me it needs to cool down before any further use. That's fine I've got other weapons to use but damn that was fun.

I pull out my double barrel and pry open the metal doors keeping me from the lab. Walking inside I could see what seemed to be test subjects or failed experiments hanging around the walls.

Walking past the horror show something I've gotten very use to during my time in hell someone began speaking in the intercom.

???: My my!! Aren't you quiet the monster?

I continue walking opening a door and looking around the new area. It seemed to contain hundreds if not thousands of different chemicals.

???: You butchered kablack, slaughtered granny and her furies, and most impressively dealt the killing blow to darksied.

I opened the next door to find a hallway with multiple doors on all sides. I used my helmet compass to navigate my way to the key.

???: What the gods of new genesis spent eons trying to do you've done in a near few days. And here you are now coming to destroy what's left of your enemy. I must say that you truly live up to your name doom slayer.

I open the last door and enter was seemed to be a testing chamber for the parademons. A force field had been put up most likely to separate the parademons from Desaad so they wouldn't eat him. On my half are the cages of parademons on the other half of the force field I can see a woman looking eerily close to Diana. But she was paler and her eyes were blood red. This had to be grail no doubt about it. If I remember from the comics she wasn't just darksieds daughter but she was also an Amazon. I never got the full story but those were the basics of her origins.

She looked at me almost as if studying me like I was a question she was looking answers for.

Me: Let me guess your going to give me the whole you killed my father speech and prepare to die or whatever right?

To my surprise she burst out laughing. Her laugh echoed through the halls sinisterly and even sent chills down my spine.

Grail: My father was a blight on the universe the same as me. I will not mourn the loss of that old fool for a second. And my brother was a pathetic welp doing all he could to get father to notice him.

Me: And what's make you so different?

Grail: I serve a much higher purpose and my master on a whole new level of strength that darksied could only dream of.

Me: Let me guess Gaunter o Dimm.

Grail: Ha! As powerful as the mirror master is he has his limits were my master has none.

Me: Okay then why don't you tell me all about your master then?

Grail: Oh buy that would ruin the surprise my dear slayer!! When the time is right you will know everything you need to. Till the feel free to send this place to oblivion I know longer have need of it.

I fire a round out of my shotgun but the force field catches it. Grail blows me a kiss and laughs at me before activating a mother box in her hand opening a boom tube allowing her to walkthrough it.

The force field comes down when she leaves and I see the last key next to her desk. Even though I got the key it very much annoys me that grail got away and I begin to worry to exactly her master is. If they were as powerful jas she claimed then dealing with them was gonna be a real pain in the ass. Last thing I needed was another apkolips war to happen.

I sigh as Vega opens a boom tube back to him. A problem for another day I suppose.