Chapter 11

I don't own anything

Batman greeted us inside, figures since he wasn't exactly the kind of guy that wanted to make a grand entrance. We gathered around a table everyone took their seats but when I sat down the chair began to bend. Seems like the chair couldn't support my weight.

Or more accurate my armors weight. I began to sink to the floor slowly as the poor chair was utterly crushed. Flash,Hal and Shazam laughed and Diana giggles while the rest of them smiled even the damn bat.

Me: You all forget you saw this.

Hal: Don't worry we'll get one more suited for your "weight"

I sighed choosing to stand rather than sit for obvious reasons.

Superman: Ok let's get this meeting adjourned.

Basically the entire meeting was about rules and regulations. What were aloud to do and what were not aloud to do. I was only half hearing to be honest as I wasn't interested in dealing with political bullshit.

Me: This is dumb.

Everyone looked at me confused.

Superman: I'm sorry?

Me: Me being here it doesn't make sense.

Superman: How so?

Me: Because I'm not like the rest of you. Your local heros that lock up convicts and that's well and good and all but that's not what I do.

Shazam: What do you mean?

Me: My job is to stop any and all demonic invasions from reaching earth. I've literally killed almost an infinite amount of demons. These tools-

I click my shotgun

Me: Aren't made for dealing with two bit criminals there made to deal with the demonic and the divine. That's pretty big difference from locking up an insane convict back in Arkham. No offense

Batman: No that's understandable, so what do you propose to do for the team?

Me: I have a wealth of knowledge concerning magic as well as nearly centuries worth of fighting experience. When it comes to a demonic invasion, supernatural attack or even alien invasions I can help out no problem. But dealing with criminals day to day would be.....a bad idea.

For a second things went quiet but then I could hear.....sighs of relief?

Batman: That is perfectly acceptable.

Me: Wait you guys aren't mad.

Flash: To be honest we were kind of worried that you would take to the whole lethal protector scenario with criminals. With your stuff you don't exactly show mercy man. So we're perfectly fine with you sticking with emergencies only.

Superman: Doesn't cause a mess with the legal system either.

Me: And what if they attack me?

Everyone was quiet again but Batman spoke up

Batman: That will be there decision to make, everyone has seen how you fight and how you treat battles on TV. If they choose to engage with you that is there choice and ultimately there responsible for there own decisions.

Me: Fair enough

After a few hours of discussing the league charter with the UN. Eventually I wanted to talk about current events, since apparently I had been gone for a few months.

Me: Okay so atlantis attacked the surface world while I was gone. I apologize for nor being here when you guys needed me.

Superman: It's no worries the matter has been handled there new King Aquaman is currently mending the damage done to other nations which is why he could not be here today.

Me: I still feel bad for leaving all that work on you guys though, so I'll give you guys my main bases communication contact information so we can get better at coordination so I'm not absent when major threats arrive.

Batman: I'll take care of the necessary preparations, if that is it then I believe this meeting is adjourned.

We all then got up and began to make our way out of the hall. I decided to catch up to Wonder Woman and talk to her.

Me: I was wondering if you wanted to head out, maybe I can show you around the city it is a beautiful place after all. Or maybe the different wonders of the world if you wish.

Diana: Are you what the mortal refer to as asking me out?

She gains a smile of a Cheshire Cat

Me: If you are interested then yes, other wise we can just remain as friends.

Diana: Hmmm, I think I would like to see what you have to offer this evening slayer. From there I think I will decided how long this relationship will last.

I smile

Me: Well then I will be sure not to disappoint.

I hold out my hand and she takes it.

Me: Vega, take us to the pantheon.

In a flash we are teleported to the Greek pantheon, it was dark out and nobody was here.

Diana: The pantheon in Athens? We're all the way in Greece?! How?!

Me: My base is capable to teleportation with ease. It can take us anywhere on earth and even beyond.

Diana: I've never seen the pantheon before, I've heard stories of its construction but to see it in person......it's beautiful.

Me: It is isn't it, I've always wanted to see it up and close, but work always kept me from being able to admire it.

We began to talk and walk as we shared more about each other and our lives. Diana told me of her mother and the amazons, how she became Wonder Woman after meeting Steve Trevor.

Diana: So what of you slayer?

Me: Well I used to be a normal mortal believe or not.

Diana: Really? No relations to any pantheon?

Me: Nope! Just worked at a bar to pay for college debt. Then one day a stranger showed up and the next thing I know I was in an arena fighting as a slave.

Diana: That is.....not what I was expecting, and since then you've been fighting the forces of hell?

Me: That's right, one fight after another trying to save worlds from ending up like the sentinel home world.

Diana: It sounds lonely.

Me: The worst part is the loneliness, when everyone you care about his gone and you begin to question the point of it all.

Diana: We'll I am grateful for your sacrifice's if it was not for you I'm certain there would not be an earth at all.

Me: I appreciate that and like wise leaving your people behind isn't easy. I hope you can settle things with your mother one day.

Diana: One day we shall see eye to eye again, sadly it is not this day.

Silence came over us as we stared and the night sky the beautiful stars and moon seem to almost make Diana radiate. It was breath taking.

Then her belly growled loudly

Me: Hungry?

Diana: Ha a little yes.

Me: Vega teleport me and Diana to base and let's see how that pot roast turned out.

Diana: What is a pot roast?

Me: Oh you are going to love it!