five

namjoon pov

as soon as i closed the door to my hotel room, i sat down on my bed. meeting y/n wasn't at all what i'd imagined. i didn't know what i'd thought but she was much calmer and more awkward than i'd thought.

i grabbed my phone and checked my messages. y/n had texted me a 'hi' after i'd given her my number. for some reason, i kept staring at the text until i finally put my phone down.

i wouldn't have guessed that it would be so difficult, as everything seemed to go easy for most pairs but it didn't seem that way for us.

y/n pov - the next day

you stared at your phone, debating on whether or not to send the text you'd written out. namjoon hadn't texted you anything yesterday, and the same went for you. yesterday you'd felt weird about it.

but after all he was supposed to be your soulmate. so you clicked send.

you
good morning :)

you practically threw your phone away afterwards and left your phone at the counter while you went to take a glass of water. the sunflower he's given you was placed on one of the kitchen counters, and it looked perfectly in place there.

after a few minutes, your phone beeped. it startled you slightly since it was 5.30 am and you hadn't expected him to answer.

namjoon
good morning. why are you up so early?

you
i'm opening the café today and unfortunately we open at 6 am. why are you up ?

namjoon
i have work too. we're doing an interview today.

you
i'll make sure to watch it.

you put your phone in your back pocket and went to collect your things. it was time for you to head off to work.

6 hours later

" ugh, " you muttered while falling onto your couch.

today has been busy, as any monday was. having the opening shift on a monday was awful, especially if you were alone. which you had happened to be as your co-worker jason was sick.

after running around all day, your feet hurt and your hair was a mess. as it was only 12 pm and both evangeline and mona were busy, you had to find something to do. calling your parents weren't an option as they both worked and you and namjoon definitely weren't on a call basis yet.

suddenly you remembered you never actually responded to his response to the text you'd sent this morning. clicking on the app icon, you immediately saw his name on the screen.

namjoon
sounds rough :p. remember to drink water and don't overwork.

the text made you smile as you typed your reply out.

you
sorry for not responding but it was so hectic :(. i just got home though and i'm alright. how has your day been so far?

namjoon pov

i'd just gone on lunch break as my phone vibrated in my pocket. after sitting down by on the couch, i picked my phone up. much to my delight, it was a text from y/n.

y/n
sorry for not responding but it was so hectic :(. i just got home though and i'm alright. how has your day been so far?

me
it's doing fine. not really in a work mood but i'll manage.

" what are you doing? " someone suddenly spoke.

i looked up and saw taehyung sitting beside me.

" just texting. " i responded, discretely turning my phone off at the same time.

everyone has been way too excited about me finding my soulmate in the last two days, so keeping it hidden felt better. both for mine and y/n's sake.

" your soulmate? " he murmured with a grin on his face. " how's it going with that? "

i sighed. " okay? i don't know. it just feels weird, that we're supposed to be meant for each other or whatever. "

" i get that. how's she handling it? " taehyung questioned in a more serious tone.

" we haven't really talked about it. yesterday we only talked while she went grocery shopping, then she said she had stuff to do. it just feels like she doesn't want it, like at all. "

" you gotta give her time. if she's a fan, it might feel very surreal for her. you can always just ask her
too. " he explained. " it will come with time. "

" since when did you get so wise? "

-

a/n: it's midsummer today :)