seven

y/n pov - 2 months later

you let our a shriek as you clutched your right foot while balancing on your left one. the pain soaring through your toe up the foot itself made you wince as you jumped towards your couch on your left leg.

once you were seated, you grabbed your phone and noticed a new text from namjoon. a smile spread on your lips as you saw his contact pop up.

namjoon:
just got off work.

the two of you had started sending selfies every day, as a way to keep in contact better and feel closer

the two of you had started sending selfies every day, as a way to keep in contact better and feel closer. you'd also talked to the other members of the group during a phone call with namjoon, it had gone well. you were now much closer than before and often fell into deep discussions about books or other subjects.

you were starting to understand why the universe might have wanted the two of you together.

you:
remember to rest, okay? i don't want you to overwork yourself.

namjoon:
i'll try not to :). are you free tonight?

you:
your tonight or my tonight?

namjoon:
both?

you:
i don't have work today so i'm free for the whole day.

namjoon:
great!

you exited the messages app and scrolled through your social media. weirdly enough, the press hadn't  found out about namjoon having found his soulmate. so far, no one expect the people at bighit and your friends knew. you hadn't even told your parents about it.

suddenly, a call showed up on your screen. it was namjoon. you immediately clicked 'answer'.

it took a while before his face showed up on the screen. you recognized the couch he was on, as it was the one in their dance room.

" hi, " you greeted, straightening your position.

" hello, " he responded, dragging out the 'o'.

you smiled at him through the screen. " should probably say good morning though. it's 7 am. "

" why are you up so early if you don't have work? "

" so i could talk to you. i know you get off around 8 or 9 so i have to be up early. " you shrugged, although he couldn't see it.

yelling could he heard in the background, both in korean and english.

" who's yelling? "

" uh, taehyung and jungkook. they're discussing whether or not you can hear them for some reason. " namjoon explained.

you laughed at the explanation. over the last two months, you'd learned a lot about both namjoon and the rest. mostly good things. after getting to know him better, you didn't feel nearly and weird about it as you'd done 2 months earlier.

" sounds loud, " you scrunched your nose up.

" you get used to it, " he murmured.

" you should sleep, joonie. " you brought the nickname out. " you look tired. "

he yawned in response. " i'm not even home yet. "

" well i'm telling you to go home and rest, " you joked.

" sure sure, " he responded with a smile.

namjoon pov

i threw my phone and myself on my bed as soon as i got home. for the past year or so, i'd lived on my own; which almost all of us did by now. as taehyung, yoongi, jin had found their soulmates a few years prior, they all lived in their own houses or apartments.

i had also taken the opportunity to buy my own place, mostly for privacy although sometimes, we all stayed together at the dorm. when it was only yoongi who'd found his soulmate, it had been easier but having 3 more people stay at the dorm wouldn't have worked, plus 1 more if y/n ever moved to korea.

after a few minutes i stood up and walked to my office, where my computer was. i sat down and started it immediately.

once it had started i went into google and began looking at plane tickets. for a few days, i'd felt a slight ache in my chest every time me and y/n hung up our phone calls or if one of us had to go. i was thinking of asking her to come to korea for a while, just so it'd be easier.

i looked around for a while and found a couple ones that were in october, which would be 2 months from now.

as i turned my laptop off and sent a quick goodnight to y/n, off to bed i went.

-

a/n: i hope you're doing well!