six

y/n pov - 2 days later (wednesday)

" it'll be fine. he's your soulmate. " evangeline spoke.

" everyone says that! " you seethed. " as if that makes it any easier. "

evangeline looked at you up and down before shaking her head and going to open her locker. you'd already changed out of your work clothes and were now dressed in a brown t-shirt and a beige skirt.

as you fiddled with your hair slightly, your phone vibrated on the bench.

" oh no, " you mumbled. " he's here. "

" jesus christ woman just relax and be yourself. " evangeline scolded you slightly. " it'll be okay. "

with a small nod, you got up and walked out of the locker room. as soon as you got into the café itself you saw him through the big windows. he was wearing beige pants and a dark blue shirt, the sleeves ending just below his elbow.

seeing him soothes your nervousness slightly as you walked outside. today was an extremely hot day, hence why everyone wore t shirts.

" hello, " you greeted quietly.

his eyes went from his phone onto you. " oh, hi. "

" how are you? " you asked, stepping closer to him to let some people inside.

" i'm good, how are you? "

" stressful day and really hungry but otherwise i'm okay. " you responses, a faint smile on your face.

" that's good. " he chuckled. " how does food
sound? "

" you don't have to say that twice. i could eat anything at this point. " you responded. " we could always get takeout and eat outside. "

he thought for a moment before nodding. " sounds good. "

30 minutes later

you and namjoon ended up ordering hamburgers and some fries. seated in a nearby park, you were both eating in silence. you both sat under a tree to get some shade. the park had many people running around but none seemed to pay attention to the two of you.

" it's so hot. " you stated. " i feel like i'm melting away. "

a low chuckle was heard from namjoon. " that makes two of us. i didn't know new york could get this hot. "

conversation was starting to go easier between you once you stopped thinking of him as a celebrity and more as a person you were getting to know. your soulmate.

" this isn't even the hottest it's been. " you responded as you put down the burger wrapping. you leaned against your elbows and closed your eyes for a second. " it's nice though. "

" the café you work at seems cool. especially with the library part. " namjoon suddenly announced.

you opened your eyes and looked at him. " it's great. although i do prefer to work in the library part. it involves meeting less people and books are just great. "

" you enjoy reading? " he asked, a hint of surprise in his voice.

" always have. i've come to enjoy romance and fiction in general. " you explained. " you enjoy reading too? "

" definitely. it's a way to relax, " he replied.

" have you read me before you? " you asked, sitting up. you crossed your legs as you waited for his answer.

" yes, have you? "

you nodded as a smile spread across your face. " i loved it! "

he returned your smile. " i really enjoyed it too. "