nine

y/n pov - 2 months later

" okay y/n, don't forget anything. " you murmured as you checked your packing list one last time before leaving.

you'd packed everything from clothes to pads and tampons, even though your period ended 3 days ago. you were just overly nervous about it.

in the end you'd brought quite a few pairs of pants and some shirts to go with it along with two pairs of shoes, your sneakers and a pair of slippers that you'd be wearing on the plane. the flight itself was 14 hours and 25 minutes, so you'd chosen to wear sweatpants and a hoodie. when you'd arrive, it'd almost be 12 am in korea.

namjoon was supposed to meet you at the airport and had booked a taxi for the two of you, since he didn't have a license.

your flight was leaving in almost 2.5 hours which meant you'd have to leave soon as well. in case traffic would be delayed or anything else would happen you'd chosen to leave earlier than needed. this was also your first time flying alone.

you got up from your floor once you'd established that you'd packed everything and closed your suitcase. evangeline was coming to pick you up anytime as she'd offered to drive you. you did have a license as well but no car.

after putting a coat on you grabbed your phone, keys and your backpack and suitcase before heading out. your hair you'd put in a bun to get it out of your face. evangeline was already waiting as you got outside the door to the building.

" hi, " you muttered as you opened her backseat to put your luggage in.

once you were seated in the passengers seat beside her, she started the car and began driving.

" excited? " she asked, glancing over at you.

you nodded as you looked over at her. " it'll be nice to see him again. "

" you gotta keep me and mona updated. " she replied.

since meeting mona, you'd grown close with them as well and the three of you had created a group chat to keep in contact. mona had also introduced you to their soulmate julia who was lovely and evangeline hadn't met hers yet.

" you'll go home the day before your birthday right? " evangeline suddenly asked.

" yes. " you replied. " i'll leave on the 21st and arrive home on the 22nd. then my birthday is the next
day. "

" wasn't namjoon's birthday like a month ago? " she continues.

you nodded. " i brought a gift with me. a book. "

" so sweet, two bookworms. " evangeline joked.

a chuckle escaped you at her comment. you turned your head to look out the front window at the car in front of you.

both you and evangeline were quiet throughout most of the ride. you texted namjoon for a bit, the topic mainly consisting of your flight. what he had planned you didn't know, he'd told you he wanted it to be a surprise. you suspected you might do something for your birthday since he did know about it.

" we'll have to celebrate you once you get home. cannot believe you're almost 25. " evangeline mumbled.

" same here. a part of me still feels like 20, " you chuckled.

evangeline was three years younger than you whilst mona was the same age.

" you're an adult adult now, " she responded.

" that scares me, " you stated. " i feel like i haven't done anything except like studying. "

the girl beside you snorted. she was attending university while working part-time at the café and had met mona through school. evangeline was studying biology while mona studied criminal justice.

" you're graduating next year too, such a big girl you're becoming, " you teased her.

she laughed. " and then i'll try and get a better job. i can't wait to move out of my crappy apartment. "

" you'll need to earn a lot to get a good apartment. it's expensive, too expensive. " you commented.

45 minutes later

once at the airport, you grabbed your bags and said goodbye to evangeline before heading off. the airport was huge and finding your way was difficult. firstly you checked your luggage in before heading off to the security check. fortunately, you didn't have any trouble with that and everything else went smoothly as well.

you found your way to the shop area pretty quickly and went browsing around while listening to some
music. the airport was filled with all different kinds of people.

whenever you'd traveled with your parents as a child, you'd loved airports. seeing all the different people and imagining their stories became your favorite way to pass time.

you'd called your mother about going to korea, however you had left the part about your soulmate out. telling your parents felt a lot harder than you'd assumed it would. they were soulmates and the perfect match.

you ended up buying water and some chips in a store before heading towards your gate. the walk was pretty long and namjoon kept you company through texting. he informed you about what he was doing, which seemed to involve working on new music. more than that he couldn't say.

as you reached your gate it was 1 hour until your flight left, yet a few people were already there. you sat down as far away from the other people there as possible and started browsing through social media to pass time.

-

a/n: hi :)