New York - Part Two

Veronica's POV

Betty and I had made it to my old room. We are now cuddling under the covers. She had her eyes closed because she was 'resting her eyes' whatever the hell that means. I know she's just tired. But she's here talking to me every time I say something to her. I never talked much but sometimes I would want something answered. I just smiled because being in her arms was the best thing for me. 

I kept looking around my room. It looks exactly like a teenage girls' room. Normal. There was nothing special about it. The walls matched the rest of the house. The way it was laid out was just... normal. Whatever that means. I was about to just close my eyes as well when I heard a door shut. Betty and I both quickly jumped up. We got dressed and I left the room to try to find who was there. It was most likely my father. Again, Betty followed. 

I noticed the office doors were opened. I sighed and walked in there but nobody was there. What is this some kind of horror movie now? I let out a sigh. 

"Welcome home, Mija," I sighed and turned around. 

"Daddy," I said. Out of the corner of my eye, I saw Betty quickly look at me. She looked confused honestly.

"I thought I wouldn't see you ever again."

"I thought so, too,"

"Well, I'm glad I could see you again,"

"At least one of us got what we wanted."

"Now I do enjoy you being here but I have to ask why?"

"I want you to leave me alone," he had a confused look on his face. I scoffed. "Come on. Don't act dumb. I want to stop sending people to come and try to bring my home. I ran away for a reason and that was to get away from you. I told you I want nothing to do with you damned family business! I'm sure that's why mom left!"

"I'm not sending people to bring you home." He said.

"Don't lie,"

"I'm not. Yeah, when you ran away I was upset but I thought you just went to your mom's."

"And you didn't call her to ask her?"

"Of course I did! I guess your mom changed her number. Are you telling me you weren't with your mom this whole time?"

"No, I was in Florida till just a couple of months ago," I told him. "Wait, if you weren't sending people to bring home, then who was? And why would they tell me you were trying to send me home?"

"I don't know, but I wouldn't do that." I scoffed.

"Good to know that you never actually cared that I ran away," I said.

"I cared. Why do you think I left your room the way it was. And clearly, you've made yourself comfortable in there already."

"I wonder if it was mom who did it,"

"It wouldn't surprise me. I left her for many reasons."

"I thought she left you,"

"Nows not the time for that conversation. If you want to ask your mom if she's doing this, stalking you, I give you the address of where she's at,"

"You know where she's at?"

"Yeah, I didn't send people to bring you home but I did send people to keep an eye on your mom." I sighed and nodded. 

"But this doesn't mean I'm staying here. Or that I'm ever coming back. I'm just trying to figure out what is going on here."

"Got it,"

When we left we quickly got into the car. I let out a very frustrated sigh. I felt like screaming but I held myself back from doing so. I noticed Betty was being really quiet.

"You okay, love?" She looked at me.

"Yeah, I'm just a little uncomfortable is all,"

"Why?"

"Well, your dad saw that we were in your old room,"

"It's fine. Besides, he won't be able to say anything about it. We won't be going back." She smiled and nodded. "Let's go,"

"Also," I looked at her. "Daddy?"She asked 

"Yeah, I get questioned because of that a lot. I don't know either. I guess I just got so used to calling him that when I was younger. It also got me a lot of the things I wanted. Or so it seemed that way." She nodded. I pulled her over to whisper something in her ear. She smiled and bit her lip a little. She went to pull me closer to her but I stopped her. "No, that's not what we're doing right now. Besides, we have to go confront my mom now just so we can get back home." She sighed and nodded. 

Putting Oceans TogetherOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara