Slow Lovers

Betty's POV

I woke up the next morning, and surprisingly it was by myself. Not Kevin coming into my room because Cheryl and her dumbass meeting things every morning. I would be fine if was Veronica calling me again. I like her. She's nice.

Well, it's Saturday and I know Veronica works in the morning. Maybe I'll call her later. I got dressed for the day and walked out of the room. Kevin was sitting on the sofa on his phone. He turned and saw me.

"Your up early." He said.

"Wait. What time is it?" I asked.

"It's six." He said.

"Ugh! Why am I up at six?" I complained.

"Well, don't go back to sleep now. The guys and I want to hang out all day." He said.

"So?"

"We need a girl to tame us and Choni is doing something else today, so we need you." He said. I sighed.

"Why would you need me to tame you guys? You know how to behave." I said. He laughed.

"You do realize guys' minds do not mature after the age of seven, right?" He asked.

"What are you guys doing?" I asked.

"We are going all over. So look forward to walking today." He said. I rolled my eyes.

"Great! Well, I need a coffee." I said.

"Hey, don't leave yet. We'll go by the diner thingy and you can grab one." I smiled a little knowing Veronica'll be there this morning. He smiled and walked over to me. "Is somebody blushing?" He asked. I looekd at him and stopped smiling.

"No, I'm smiling." He rolled his eyes.

"Either way, it's about the girl... Veronica, right?" I nodded.

"Yes, but it's not about her."

"Mhmm. Keep saying that."

"What are implying?" I asked. He smiled.

"Just that you like her, and theres nothing wrong with that." He said.

"Yeah, theres nothing wrong with that because I don't like her. She's my bestfriend." I told him.

"Bestfriends don't become bestfriends that fast." He said. I rolled my eyes.

"I'm done with you and everybody. Tell me when the guys are here and we'll go." I said. And just as I started to walk away there was a knock at the door. I looked back at him. He smiled.

"They're here."

"Ugh!"

We walked along the sidewalk. As we walked by the diner.

"Oh, hey guys. Betty wanted some coffee so we're gonna stop here real quick." Kevin said.

"Wait isn't this where that one girl works? I can't remember her name." Sweet Pea asked. I sighed.

"Veronica! Yes, it is." I said kind of defensively. He took a step back.

"Woah! No need to get so defensive there. I was just wondering." He said. I rolled my eyes.

"You guys just stay out here and I'll be right back." I said and walked inside.

"Betty's got a girlfriend." I heard Fangs say. I looked back and the guys were laughing. I flipped them off. They stopped and held back their laughter.

Once I ordered my coffee I ran into Veronica. She smiled and so did I.

"Hey, Betty. What are you doing here?" She asked.