Riverdale

Veronica's POV

I'm already packing up and leaving. About a week ago I asked Betty how she would feel if I moved to Riverdale and she got real cheery and excited and said yes. I wasn't really surprised by the reaction. She did ask why I wanted to. I said because it's been one hell of a month without her here. I really want to be with her again. I knew the school year has already started but it's only been about a week. 

I'm leaving a week earlier than I planned but that's only because I got ready to leave sooner than I thought. I guess it's because I really wanna get out of here. And be with her. Although it doesn't really matter because my plane isn't for another three days. This will be a horrible three days.

Betty's POV

Ever since Veronica asked me how I would feel if she moved to Riverdale I've been unnecessarily happy all that time. Everyone's questioned me about it. I still haven't told any of my friends that we're together but I'm sure they expect it.

My mom asks about her all the time. She doesn't know her name or really anything. She really only asks how I feel about her and other stuff like that. She tells me I need to stop staying up half of the night texting but I really don't want to. I just want to be with her.

I told Veronica I would get her from the airport when she lands tonight. This day couldn't feel like it could've come any slower.

Right now I'm with Cheryl and Toni at Pops. I would be texting Veronica but she's on her flight here. I'm just constantly checking the time for when I need to leave.

"Okay, what is going on with you?" I look up at Toni. "Why do you keep checking your phone?"

"Oh, uh, nothing. I'm just waiting for something."

"Is it a text of some kind?" Cheryl asked.

"No, I'm actually waiting for a certain time,"

"And that is?"

"Six,"

"It's 5:20. What do you need to do at six?" Toni asked.

"I just need to do something important to me, okay?"

"Does it involve a person?" Cheryl asked.

"I will leave right now," I threatened.

"Oh, it does! Who?"

"You'll see on Monday," I smiled.

"I can wait,"

I left at about 5:45 to be there when she is. It took a while but we eventually got together again. I was so happy to finally see her in person again. Even though it was only a month it felt longer. As we were driving back to my house she started asking me questions.

"So, did you tell your friends yet?" I sighed.

"No, not yet. I got distracted right when I was going to and I haven't had time to tell all of them together."

"Why all together?"

"It would be a little easier than it being passed around as a rumor."

"That makes sense," she said. "And just to be clear your mom is okay with me staying in your house?"

"Well, she doesn't know your coming. I mean, I've talked about you little I just never told her you were coming to town."

"You lied to me?"

"Only a little,"

When we got to the house I could tell she was starting to get nervous. I grabbed her hand right before we walked through the door.

"Betty, is that you?" My mom called from the kitchen.

"Yeah,"

"Good. Can you come to help me?" I started walking to the kitchen.

"Mom, I have something I need to show you. Well, someone." She sighed and turned around.

"Oh, who is this?" She asked. I smiled.

"Mom, this is Veronica. My girlfriend." She smiled a little and froze. She looked a little shocked. "Mom, are you okay?"

"What? Oh, yeah I'm fine." She looked at Veronica. "I'm sorry you just remind me so much of someone I used to know." There was an awkward silence.

"So, mom what did you need help with?"

"Oh, it was just dinner. I hope you both are hungry." I looked at Veronica.

"Come on,"