Going Home

Betty's POV

"Please don't go," Veronica begged as she laid on the bed which was where most of my stuff was sitting. I just smiled at her acting like a child. 

"I have to, love. School starts in a just two weeks." I told her. She make a loud noise of disapproval. 

"Will you be back?" 

"I'll will call you whenever possible, I will text you every morning and every night. And I'll come visit if I can." She sat up and climbed off the bed.

"You promise?"

"I promise," she pulled me in to kiss her. It was a long and passionate kiss. After I pulled away she just kept her arms wrapped around me. I sighed. "You're not gonna let me leave are you?"

"Nope. Never." 

"Fine. I'll just take you with me." She looked up at me with a smile on her face. "Oh, my God!"

"You'll take me with you?" She asked and let go of me.

"I don't know if I can,"

"Why do you say that?"

"Because everyone will question us even more."

"Is there a problem with that?" 

I sighed.

"This whole time you've been avoiding telling your friends about us. Are you embarrassed? Is there something wrong? Are you not in this?"

"No, no, no. I am. I really am. It's just... you're the first girl I've ever been with. They don't know I like girls. Honestly I didn't know I liked girls." I explained. 

"Oh," she muttered. I looked down. "Hey, it's okay. There's nothing wrong with them not knowing. I was just curious." Suddenly there was a knock on the door. We both turned as the door opened and we saw Kevin.

"Hey, we're leaving now. Come on." And he walked off. 

"Go. I'll be looking forward to your calls." I sighed and pulled into another kiss. She pulled away when we heard Kevin yell my name again. "Go! If you don't go now I won't let you leave." I nodded and walked out.

"Finally! What was taking so long?" Kevin asked.

"It was nothing," 

We meet with everybody else at the airport. The whole time going through everything all I could think about was Veronica. While we were waiting to board the plane I texted her the whole time. I didn't think leaving would be this hard. Why is it so hard? I just wanted to stay. Not of anything other than Veronica. 

It was really late at night when we got back. Cheryl and Toni invited everybody to stay at there's tonight. Everybody stayed except for me. I just wanted to go home. I honestly think they all know how I feel. I wouldn't be surprised. 

It was almost ten when I got home. I tried to be as quiet as possible to not wake up my mom. I got to my room and slowly closed to door. I put my bags in the corner of the room and got changed for the night. I sat on the edge of my bed and just started thinking. Then, my door opened. I looked up and saw my mom.

"Oh, sorry. Did I wake you?" I asked her. She shook her head. 

"No, I wasn't sleeping. I heard you come in and I wanted to come see you. I haven't seen you all summer." She smiled. I gave her a small kind of weak smile. "How was your summer?"

"It was fun. More fun than I thought it would be honestly." I said.

"Something's wrong. Are you okay?"

"Yeah, I'm fine.I just didn't want to leave." I sort of lied.

"Did you meet somebody there?" She asked with the biggest smile on her face.

"What?"

"Did you meet someone on your vacation? There is no other reason that my daughter would be acting like this. Unless she had to leave somebody she cared about behind." I sighed knowing I was caught.

"Yeah,"

"So who is this lucky person?" Person? Why does she keep saying things like this?

"We meet on out, like, third day there. We became really good friends fast. We went on a few dates, but nothing more than that." I explained. "We started dating but now that I'm back here I don't know how long it'll last. I mean, it's long distance. How well do those even last?"

"They aren't a boy are they?" She asked.

"I, uhh, I don't..."

"Don't lie to me. I'm your mother. Besides, it was obvious you liked girls."

"Really?"

"Yeah, you never talked about boys the way you've talked about girls."

"How long have you known?"

"Ever since you were little." This made me smile. I didn't think she would support me at all. I guess I was wrong. "You don't have to tell me anything now not  until you are ready, but I just want you to know that I'm happy for you." She got up and started leaving my room. I couldn't take the smile off my face. I quickly grabbed my phone and texted Veronica. It didn't take long for her to text back. We spent the entire night texting each other. I know I'm gonna hate myself in the morning for this but it's worth it.

I'm back. Sorry it took me so long to start writing in the book again. But here is another chapter and hopefully it's okay.