Crazy

Veronica's POV

"So what you're saying is that your family is crazy?" She asked.

"Yeah, I guess that about sums it up," I nodded.

"Why is she doing this?"

"Because like you said she's crazy. And also doesn't want us to be together."

"Yeah, I caught that." She said. "What are we gonna do about it? I mean, we still have a little over another year of school before we graduate."

"No. I wasn't saying we were gonna run away from it. I'm tired of doing that. We are gonna stay here until we graduate and then we can run away." She smiled.

"Okay, you two are cute and everything but can you stop looking at each other so lovingly for five minutes. We are literally talking about Veronica's mom stalking her." We both looked over at Robyn.

"Are we bothering you?" I asked.

"Not really, but maybe a little."

"Well, we've figured it out. You can go now."

"That's a little rude,"

"I hope so," I said. She started leaving. "Oh, and once again I hope I never see you again."

"Again?" Betty asked.

"It's been one hell of a year,"

"Yeah, I can tell,"

"That was a great way to start our week off of school,"

"And how are we gonna spend the rest of it,"

"First, you brought me food," I said and walked into the kitchen again.

"It's probably cold by now,"

"I'm still eating."

"Alright,"

Three Months Later

"I'm getting tired of this BS," I said and threw my pencil down.

"Calm down. We only have two more months left." Betty said. She was sitting on her bed, studying for a test she had.

"Two more months! It'll kill me before I make it that far." She looked up at me.

"You are so dramatic."

"I'm not dramatic. I'm annoyed." She sighed and closed the book. "Come here, you big baby."

"I don't think I want to anymore."

"Fine. Well, I'm gonna go get in the shower. It's getting late." She said as she left the room. After a few minutes, her mom walked into the room.

"Oh hi," she said. I smiled. "I'm going out for a few hours. Can you tell Betty that for me?" 

"Yeah, I can. But first, can I ask you something?"

"Uhh, sure,"

"Well, I'm gonna start off with Betty is worried about you,"

"Worried about me? Why is she worried about me?" She asked.

"Well, you went on a trip for your job over a month ago. And then immediately you leave again to go stay with somebody you've been seeing. When you came back you were acting weird. More than normal. Sometimes you're gone by the time we get home from school, and you get off work before we get out of school. You also come home really late. Why is that? Who are you seeing?"

"You've been watching me closely,"

"Very. Now tell me what you want." She sighed.

"It's just someone. We've been seeing each other for almost a year now and they've asked about meeting Betty."

"And let me guess. You're scared Betty won't like them."

"Yeah, she can be a very judgemental person,"

"Yeah, I wonder where she learned that from."

"Rude, but true," I smiled. "I'm going now. I'll do it eventually." She said and left. 

"Veronica!" Betty yelled from the bathroom. I got up and walked to the door.

"Yes?"

"I forgot to grab clothes," I sighed. 

"Alright," I went back into the room to grab her clothes. Just then my phone buzzed. I looked at it and it was my dad calling. I sighed and answered. "Didn't I make it clear that I never wanted to talk to you again."

"Yes, but I wanted to give you something. Although, it might be a little soon and I know you're in high school but I still want to give it to you. Just to be sure it's passed down." I sighed.

"Okay, I'll come to get it this weekend."

"Alright, thank you, Mija."

"Veronica?" I turned and saw Betty. She had a towel wrapped around her body and she was looking at me. I hung up and handed her the clothes I was holding. "Who was that?"

"It was my dad,"

"What did he want?"

"He wants me to get something from him."

"That would mean you have to go back to New York," I nodded.

"Yeah, but he said it was important. He wants to give me something."

"Do you want me to come with you?" She asked. I smiled.

"No, it's fine. You can stay here. I'll try and be back as soon as possible. Now go get dressed." I said and she went back to the bathroom. I sighed. What could he possibly want now?