Season 1, Chapter 7

I woke up in the morning cuddling hardens arm. I just laid there for at least an hour until I got my clothes back on and left, kissing Hardin goodbye. When I got in the dorm I saw Tess crying in Steph's bed, I didn't say anything I just joined in and we stayed like it for at least three hours.

I didn't go to class for a few days because I didn't want to see Hardin in case he didn't like me anymore now that Tessa's single.

Hardin: what have I done?
(Read)

This always happens hen I get close to boys, the other girl comes along. I was getting bad again, smoking at least five times a day and drinking every night so I could fall asleep, Just like old times.

I decided I was gonna go see Hardin in person, I walked up to his house and went up to his room and of course he was lead on the roof, he sat up as he saw me and I went and sat with him "I didn't expect to see you" he said " listen, I can't get close with people and when I do I feel the need to push them away because since my dad went to prison, since I was 13 I've always felt like what he did to me was my fault. I have this worry in the back of my mind that every boy I get with is gonna hurt me and do something to me that I don't want, and most the times I'm right. But since my mum went through the same thing I had to comfort her and that meant I've had no one to cry to and I've always been left to deal with it on my own, you know?" I ranted "Haley, it's not your fault" he told me, I began to tear up "yeah, that's what everyone says" I let out "all the men I've known have humiliated me, but you..." "you're so much better than that" I explained, Hardin turned to look at me.