Season 1, Chapter 10

The next day I got up and got changed into this:

I walked into the class and went straight to the bathroom, molly following after "hey" she said "hey" "hows it going? Haven't seen you in ages" she asked "I've been quite busy, I guess " I told her "what's going on with you and Hardin?" She asked ...

I walked into the class and went straight to the bathroom, molly following after "hey" she said "hey" "hows it going? Haven't seen you in ages" she asked "I've been quite busy, I guess " I told her "what's going on with you and Hardin?" She asked "straight to the good stuff" I laughed, so did she "he told me you guys were hanging out again" she explained "we have been, yeah" I replied "cool" she nodded "really?" I joked "yeah, your a nice girl and I mean Hardin does what Hardin does" she shrugged, I smiled and walked out of the bathroom.

That night Steph, zed and molly invited me out and of course I went. We went to bobs diner, We chilled for a bit until Tessa wandered in, soaking wet, she walked up to our table "oh my gosh, hey! What's the matter?" Steph exclaimed. Tess and molly stared at each-other "are you okay?" Steph asked her "yeah" she bluntly replied and sat on a stool next to her "want some fries? You hungry? I haven't seen you since you moved out" She said, trying to make conversation. "I've been living with Hardin off campus" she told us "what the fuck?" I added, confused as fuck, zed put his hand on my shoulder as I was sat next to him "wait, you two are living together?"  "yeah" they both continued, ignoring me "tessa! What the fuck man" I angrily raised my voice "wow tessa, I didn't know you two were that serious" she continued, ignoring me again "yeah, we are" she answered "I didn't even know you were fucking together" I raised my voice again, making zed place his hand on my thigh to calm me down, then Hardin walked in, jace with his arm around him "how long has this been going on?"steph asked, not knowing Hardin was behind her "speak of the devil" I rolled my eyes "look who I found" jace announced "hey jace, hey Hardin" Steph said "what's up?" Jace laughed, standing next to molly "I got you" I said, fist bumping her "tessa?" He asked, she looked away "hi Hardin" molly smiled fakely, Hardin went and sat next to her "tessa was just telling us about the latest, tessas been filling us in on all the details" she told "moving in together" zed annoyedly said, rubbing my leg softly "and you guys are so adorable, is there anything you wanna tell Tessa? Well and Haley?" molly continued "yeah like what's been going on between you and her?" She piped up, looking between me and Hardin "nothings going on with me and her" he assured, I sighed and let out a laugh "I've never met a bigger liar in my life" I laughed "and that's why I don't believe you" tessa said, pointing at me "carry on being rude to me" I snapped, trying to get out of my seat but being held back down by zed "what are you on about?" Hardin asked me, acting like a little lost puppy "zed I swear" I whispered "I know, it'll be okay" he whispered back, pulling me in for a side hug "don't you think this thing has gone too far?" molly barked "what thing? Hardin" Tessa asked "or even Haley" she glared at me "I'm gonna fucking punch her face in" I ranted "somethings going on, but it's not what you think" molly explained "molly shut up" Hardin lashed out, she rolled her eyes at him "tessa... let's get out of here and I'll explain everything I promise" he stood up, begging tessa "so it was nothing then" I asked "Haley I can't deal with both of you at the minute please, let me sort this out" he begged again "remember truth or dare?" Molly asked "what?" "Molly don't" Hardin said, sternly "molly show her, this isn't fair!" Zed exclaimed, molly pulled out her phone and played a video "I'm done playing this game" tessa said in the video "I like this girl" zed said, the video showed me walking off with a phone to my ear "looks like Hardin Scott got his first rejection" molly said "you lot don't think I can make it happen?" He asked "make what happen?" Molly asked in the video "here's a dare, make her fall in love with me, and then I'll just" he clicked his fingers "turn it off" the video ended "you guys knew about this, you knew about my past and you still let me get attached while he was getting it on with some other girl" I snapped, everyone stayed silent "it was all a game" molly whined in tessa s face Tessa "Tessa" Hardin said "Tessa" "Tessa please, you have to believe me" "Tessa let me explain" he cried, Tess just turned to Steph "is that true?" She asked, a tear rolling down her face, everyone stayed quiet "you all knew" she asked, no one said anything. She ran out of the restaurant, Hardin ran out after her but stopped at the door as she got on her bicycle and rode away "fuck you all" I shouted, rushing out of the restaurant too and Hardin grabbing my arm, I whacked him off and he followed me outside "Haley wait" he said "Haley!" I turned around "so what exactly was this then" I asked, crying "everything, our connection was better than mine and Tessa's" he explained "none of this was real, after I asked you over and over again if you liked her or you had anything with her" I shouted "I was just the side chick" I cried  "your just a liar" I pushed him "I was gonna break it off with her" he said "then why didn't you" I shouted "because-" "because you didn't want me Hardin, I was just for fun on the side" I cried out, a tear rolled down his face "you said nothing could change the way you felt about me" he declared "then I guess were both liars" I blurted out, I turned around and started running to the nearest bus station to go see my mum, I boarded the bus and slumped down in the seat, I cried silently the whole 2 hour ride ride and as soon as it arrived I ran to the front porch and banged on the door "Haley! It's one in the morning!" My mum exclaimed, rushing me in the house, she lead us to the sofa and we sat down, she looked at me and I bursted into tears again. I just broke down into her arms, when I finally sorted myself out we sat and had a cup of tea "what happened?" She asked me "I don't really wanna talk about it" I told her "I guess I just though he was different" I looked down "Awh hale, I love you" she said, hugging me "I love you mum" I said back.