Season 3, Chapter 3

I woke up in the morning and chucked a dressing gown on and went to brew some coffee, surprising my dad was already up.

"So I heard you guys are moving" he let out as we sat waiting for the kettle to boil "yeah, yeah. I actually need to start packing" I told him "I'll just finish up and get out of here" he said as he quickened the pace to eat his cereal "no uh I didn't mean it like that um-" I rambled "nah, nah. You don't need me around here. I'll just uh, I got a few errands to run anyway" he began "dad..." I stopped myself "that feels really weird to say" I let out quietly, then someone knocked on the door and my dad turned to it "well, that'll be my ride" he said as he put his dish in the sink "your leaving now? Again?" I said "yeah. Come here" he let out as he leaned in for a hug but I stepped away "I'm not ready for that" I said "thank you so much for letting me stay" he thanked as he stepped back, as this happened hardin had woken up and went to the door "hey, don't-" I began as I grabbed a note book out of the cupboard and wrote down my number "don't disappear again" I told him as I passed him the paper, he walked Away, siad goodbye to Hardin and left. "Man I need a spliff" I let out.

"So you shipping me out next?" Hardin joked and I looked up at him but didn't say anything "you okay?" He asked me "it's not like I want to leave you" I said, he looked at me a bit weirdly and announced "you don't have to" I let out a small laugh "vances offer is literally, it's a dream come true. I've wanted to live in Seattle since I was little and the only thing that would make it better is if you'd come with me" I explained "I don't... I don't know why you want me there. You know I don't really fit into that flashy lifestyle and it's never been the kind of thing you've been after. So I don't really know why-" he began to ramble and I interrupted "I want to make a life together!" I raised my voice a little "so do I! So stay here and we can!" He did to "you're not listening to me!" "I am listening!" "I've wanted this job since I-" I began "I am listening. I know. I know. I know. You have a great job in Seattle, that is great. I'm happy for you, but I don't. I don't have anything there" he tried to tell me "you'd have me!" "Okay, that's not enough" everything went quiet for awhile after he said that "you know, I- I didn't mean that" he mumbled "well if I'm not enough for you, that your problem. I'm going and your not gonna stop me" I walked away from the conversation and went to go pack my stuff.

Later That night I was sat in the living room packing up the few books that I read and I picked up "the great Gatsby" I remembered the moment when I walked in on Hardin and Tessa and that was the book he was reading. As I snapped out of it another memory popped into my head, I remembered looking around at the fishes with Hardin in the aquarium. Again, I snapped my mind away but yet anything thing I began to think of was dancing with Hardin, our heads touching and my heart beating like it was ready to flatline. I stopped myself from feeling sorry and put the book back into the case, grabbing other books that Made me feel nothing.