Chapter 7 [✔]

That night, I wandered down to the third-year dorm that Ginny and Luna were staying in for a sleepover between houses.

I sit in a chair beside a window outlooking the forbidden forest.

They both get dressed in their pajamas before taking seats on their beds across from one another.

"Hey, guys..." I start feeling nervous as I built up the courage to ask the two girls the question that had been lingering in my mind.

It's harder than it looks, the pain of something so scary weighing on you can only look like a wince from far away but in reality, it's a thousand bees stinging you over and over again.

I wasn't even sure of myself...yet I was feeling the need to bring my feelings to the surface to ask a question that could change everything regardless of who you are talking to.

"Yeah, Hermione?" Ginny responds her voice so frighteningly casual.

I open my mouth to say it but the words don't come out.

I cough and clear my throat to try it again.

"Is it wrong..." I start mumbling the rest under my breath.

"Is it wrong to what?" Luna's question hit me like a grenade.

I hadn't realized that they didn't hear what I said.

"Is it wrong to like someone you're not supposed to?" I ask a little louder fearing for their response.

Ginny and Luna have always been kind to me, they always gave me the best advice when it comes to boys, or in this case-

"Depends on who we're talking about," Ginny says looking at me curiously. "Who are we talking about Hermione?"

"I saw you staring at those Slytherins in the meadow today..." Luna says. "Was it one of them?"

"I-yes," I nod reluctantly.

"So you like Malfoy?! After everything, he's done to you and to Harry and to Ron..." Ginny rambles.

I cut her off feeling exasperated:

"No! Of course, not-not Malfoy."

The silence that I received was as painful as getting bit by one of the blasted end skrewts in care for magical creatures.

"You like...Y/N Yaxley?" She asks me quietly.

I nod feeling my cheeks burn warmer than I thought would be possible, I've never been this nervous or embarrassed before.

"Well I think it's lovely that you like her, I mean she's always been courteous to me and she hasn't ever called me Loony like the other Slytherins," Luna says clapping her hands together happily.

I smile gratefully for her input.

"As for me... I think it's fine that you like a girl...but are you sure you want to like Y/N? I mean she's a Yaxley and a pureblood and she's dating Malfoy... that seems like a lot of red flags," Ginny says concerned.

"Yes, I'm sure I really like her...she's different you know...beautiful and kind and smart," I say.

"That's because she's a snake, she'll be nice to you but then talk bad about you behind your back Hermione," Ginny says her face becoming as red as her hair.

"You don't know that Gin," I say sighing.

"I know you've been studying with her," Luna says casually.

I look at her wide-eyed.

"What! How?"

"You've been studying with her?!" Ginny and I speak at the same time.