Chapter 18[✔]

The last few weeks have been hell.

To say the least.

Harry and Ron have been avoiding me, Ginny has been yelling at me any chance that she can get, and Luna is the only person I can rely on and that is scary considering that it's Luna 'Loony' Lovegood who has been considered crazy from day one.

The Daily Prophet articles are ten times worse now focusing on me and Y/N.

"Forbidden Love within the Champions of Hogwarts?"

"Two girls in love-is it right or is it wrong?"

"Is it too distracting for the fifth champion to be courting the ex-lover of the Drumstrang Champion?"

It's getting quite nerve-racking, that Rita Skeeter really knows how to spin this out to something that it isn't-well it is but it isn't going the way that they are suggesting.

But, on the bright side, Y/N and I's relationship has become stronger than ever, she's been getting the same treatment as me yet somehow she doesn't seem as bothered by it as I am, regardless of what she says.

It's almost as if the negative attention likes to find her, haunt her and she has just become numb and desensitized by the ridiculous comments and pranks that we get by every house and school, the other schools, especially Beaubaxtons have increased their torments for both of us.

She walks me to each class ignoring the taunts that we receive in the halls, it's almost as if she is protecting me from whatever Malfoy was trying to protect her from.

But we have each other so it's fine, we will be fine.

Right?

I sit in the library, away from Y/N or anyone, I needed a break from the absurdity of the situation and this was the only place that I could think of.

"Hermione?"

There goes my peace and quiet.

I slowly, annoyedly turn my form towards where the voice came from.

Harry and Ron stand there both their hands in their pockets their faces expressions identical; sheepish and ashamed.

"We want to talk to you," Harry says.

"Oh yeah? What to taunt me some more like everyone else? No thanks, I've had my fair share today..."

"No...No we want to apologize to you for being such dimwits to your feelings," Ron struggles to get out like his pride was holding him back.

"You...wanted to apologize? Whatever for? I mean I was the one who lied to you for months," I say astonished.

"And...we are willing to meet Y/N and actually get to know her only if you are serious about this absurdity," Harry says sitting down beside me, his hand moving his glasses in place.

"Are you sure about that guys?" I ask them feeling worried.

"Yeah, of course, we wouldn't be suggesting it if we weren't sure about that, we wouldn't have brought it up," Ron says rolling his eyes at me.

"Well thank you guys anyways...How are you coming along with your plan for the maze Harry?" I ask my green-eyed friend.

He shrugs his face falling into a crestfallen expression.

"You remember the second task?" He asks changing the subject..

I nod.

"When I was under the lake, Y/N was the one who found the rock to cut Ron and Madeline's chain, she, of course, saved Malfoy first but then she saw me struggling and she tossed me the rock she used, not to mention that when she noticed that Fleur wasn't coming she was the one who went and helped me out with Madeline," Harry says. "She did good then...yet I was the one who took all of the credit regarding the last task and Madeline..."