Chapter 14 [✔]

TW: Descriptive Death...

Flashback

My birthday was always a special day.

The smell of delicious sweets wafted throughout the house, tiramisu and macaroons were being made by the dozens for the guests to be arriving today.

Gold and blue decor were spread out through the house, on the banister polished to its finest, the walls usually decorated with paintings of my family instead hung banners that stated it was my birthday.

Father promised that he'd be here as soon as he could, he said he'd bring me dozens of presents to make up for the lack of time of him being here.

My friends were supposed to arrive here today at noon, they were so very excited to come to our manor.

Bright golden sparks of energy flew in and out of the rooms causing delightful chaos.

My room was filled with hundreds of dresses that I could choose from, mother had already given me her opinion, so of course, I was going to choose that one.

Anything to please her.

My hair was braided by my house-elf Effie, it was perfect, a crown around my head laced with blue sparkly ribbon.

I slipped on the lacy blue gown that poofed up around my legs.

Then I pulled on the golden flats that went alongside it.

"Miss.Yaxley! You look wonderful!" Effie says her little ears bouncing as she clapped her hands excitedly.

"Thank you, Effie!" I grin.

I grab a blue ribbon adorned with sparkles and tie it around her ears.

"B-but Miss. Yaxley," She stutters.

"It isn't clothing Effie-no instead it is a decoration that is now a part of your uniform," I say wagging my fingers at the elf.

I tend to always see through the loopholes.

She grins at me.

Before I go downstairs I want to get mother and show her my dress-the one she picked.

I leave Effie to pick up my room so that I could go find the mother.

She told me that she wanted to get dressed alone and that she'd come downstairs when she was ready-but I was too excited to not get her now.

I skip down the long hall to my parents- well I should say my mother's bedroom as my father is rarely home.

I knock on the dark wood that is the door leading into their room.

I stand impatiently tapping my foot outside her door waiting, just waiting for her to open the door.

"Mother," I call knocking again.

Still no response.

"Mommy!" I hadn't called her that since I was 6 but I was trying to get her attention.

Maybe she is in another room?

I reluctantly back away from her door going next door to the guest bedroom where party favors lay on the bedside table for my friends.

She wasn't in there.

I go down the hall to each room on that floor aside from my mother's room.