Chapter 21 [✔]

Hermione and I sit on the dock of Black Lake her head in my lap after my final detention with Umbridge.

I've hidden my scarred hand from her; saying that Umbridge only made me clean her spotless office without the use of magic; for some reason, I felt like she didn't believe me.

She's reading aloud from a muggle book that she convinced me to allow her to read to me; it was called Romeo and Juliet-I believe-by this guy called Shakespeare.

She was reading the part about Romeo being an idiot and killing himself because he didn't realize that Juliet was still alive-sure it might have been the monk's fault with the person he sent the letter along with, but it was such a juvenile thing to kill yourself as soon as you saw your 'love' dead.

"So... A wizard gave her a temporary sleeping draught so that she wouldn't be married away to a tyrant who didn't even really know her-so instead she chose the poor, exiled guy who she only knew for around-what-three days? Barely 72 hours?" I conclude as Hermione sits up.

"And then the parent blamed themselves for their children's stupidity and erected golden statues of Romeo and Juliet because they thought gold was good enough to replace their children?"

"Y/N...you clearly don't see the beauty of the two lovers who would rather die than marry someone whom they never loved?" Hermione sighs.

"But it was such an idiotic concept, love at first sight? That only happens with a bloody love potion, I mean they would die for someone that they barely knew for two days. C'mon 'Mione be logical- it just doesn't happen," I argue, sensibly annoyed with her naive attitude towards this book.

"I don't believe you're being logical-," she growls. "You've never fallen in love at first sight?"

"No-I tend not to love things I don't know and as far I can remember I've only been in love once and honestly it took me a long time to realize that I was in love with her," I say rolling my eyes.

"Well, I fell in love with you the first time that I saw you Y/N! It is not a stupid concept unless you think I'm stupid!"

She stomps off as my face falls.

"Wait, Hermione! I don't think that! Come back!" I cry, she pauses in the middle of the dock.

I stand up running toward her, putting my hands on her shoulders.

"Look it's not stupid-you're definitely not stupid, just it's different for everyone? I love you?" I say.

She almost reluctantly gives in and smiles.

"I love you too-also Harry has invited you to the Boars Head in Hogsmeade for a meeting this Saturday," She adds as an afterthought.

"Uh...sorry I'm taken..."

"No not like that," she giggles. "I'll be there."

"Then I will be there too," I say kissing her.

                                                                                                                                    ➖➖➖

Waking up Saturday morning I get dressed sluggishly realizing that I will have to interact with more Gryffindor that isn't Hermione.

I pull on a skirt with legging and a sweater-green and silver to support my and also to annoy Potter any way I can, I slip on my boots and leave my room hurriedly pulling my hair into a ponytail.

"Where are you going Yaxley?" I see Draco sitting in his black overcoat in front of the fire with Blaise Zabini and Theodore Nott.

"Uh..to study in the library," I say stuttering.