Chapter 29 [✔]

It's almost as if fate was playing yet another cruel joke on me.

As I made my way down the stairs to the dungeons I thought and I thought longingly about all of the people who didn't know my secret.

Of the only ones who did.

I was dressed in a black dress the sleeves long enough to reach the tips of my fingers, so tight it felt like I could hardly breathe given the current circumstance.

I was scared to walk in through that door leading to Professor Slughorns' study, I truly was, I had no idea who would be on the other side of the door waiting for me to take my place among them.

Yet, some divine intervention might have taken place, he knew my mother which meant that he should have known my father as well.

As tantalizing as that felt I braved myself and opened the door slowly to reveal a whole table filled with exceptional beings, one not more special than the others.

Ginny Weasley sat at one end, Blaise Zabini next to her, he gives me a single solemn nod as I sat in an empty seat beside Harry Potter and Professor Slughorn.

I noticed there was an opening between Blaise and a boy from Gryffindor who I've never cared enough about to ask his name.

"Ah-ha...we are just waiting for one more," Professor Slughorn announces.

As if the words that came out of his mouth were an incantation to summon someone, the door opens and in steps the one girl I need to avoid for as long as it kills me.

Hermione Granger sits down in between Blaise and that boy whose gaze never left her form.

Her stunning, inquisitive eyes meet mine once flickering over my face as if looking for a sign of recognition to show that I was sorry for everything.

But I kept my face still as marble and instead stared her down until she relented and looked away from me and turned her gaze towards the Gryffindor next to her.

"Why are we here again?" Blaise asks the question I wanted to.

"You are here because I invited you here, each of you is remarkable in some way or another. And I'm here to learn about all of you," Professor Slughorn says peering at Blaise.

"So to put it simply...you stalked us according to what you think is interesting and you decided that we were worth enough to be in your little group?"

Blaise retorts a smirk plain on his face as he turned away a look of regret showing all too well.

Professor Slughorn looks extremely shut down and turns his attention to me.

"Would you like to start?" He asks me as if I knew what I was supposed to do.

"What do you mean?"

"Share your story," He says.

"I'm pretty sure just about everyone in here knows, my mom's dead, my dads a death eater and I was a champion last year, right? This is just a refresher of all the hate I had received because of that!" I say incredulously at his total disregard for what our stories might be.

"I don't think you realize that you've deemed us for our horrors and not our accomplishments," I say looking him in the eyes of the whole room sober.

"Y/N please do not be uncivil," He says. "Remember our deal."

He says that the last part quieter to not let anyone hear it.

"There isn't anything that I need to know about my mother, I already know everything that I truly want to know, blimey I have no idea why I even came here this was a total waste of time!" I exclaim standing up.