Chapter 31 [✔]

Y/N P.O.V

Lately, every single night that I have prefect patrol duty I've been sneaking into the Room of Requirement when Draco wasn't in there fixing the Vanishing Cabinet, instead I've been doing the opposite.

I've been slowly breaking the Vanishing Cabinet because I need to prolong my time, I can't kill Dumbledore...I just can't.

I doubt that Draco has noticed since he barely knows what he's doing in the first place, I now walk out of the Room of Requirement after destroying yet another vital part of the Vanishing Cabinet.

Waiting on my pillow when I arrive back at my dorm is an invitation from the one Professor I didn't want to hear from.

Professor Slughorn invited me to a party with everyone from the Slug Club as well as other people that he deems worthy to be there.

It's almost like a game for him, like a cat and mouse chase, I don't want to go but that's inevitable because he'll find a way to trap me into attending his ridiculous party, so I might as well go down the easy way and go myself.

I stood looking in the mirror, deciding what I should wear to his party.

Shaking my head I head to my closet and pull out a black cocktail dress with long sleeves and a cut in the side, I slip on the golden heels that I had worn for the Yule Ball and tie my hair up into a knot on top of my head.

Groaning I walk out of my dorm room into the common room where the room was crowded with people who stopped in their tracks when they saw me.

Draco and Blaise stand by the fire drinking something from plastic red cups.

Blaise meets my eyes and nods at me, he sets down his cup and heads towards me flicking his fingers towards Draco in a sort of goodbye salute.

We walk all the way to the sixth floor, where we would be dragged into a night of unrelenting festivities that I don't want to attend, but yet somehow I decided that this is the best thing for me tonight.

The door opens automatically as we grow near, the man in a butler outfit smiles as I entered the room a wave of noise hitting me as soon as I stepped down the threshold.

Laughter, talking, music, all of these noises at once was quite catastrophic.

The smell of hot bodies and cheap perfume flooded my nostrils, my eyes wander over the crowd of individuals who are all painfully ignorant to not realize that the only thing Slughorn wants is their entertainment.

Yet I'm acting ignorant as well by even attending this ridiculous party.

I already know what's going to happen, I'm going to ruin my night by seeing Hermione, but it may as well also be the best thing to happen to me and nothing can change that.

For a moment I walk around with Blaise passing a flask of fire whiskey between the two of us, not speaking but rather enjoying the familiarity of one another's presence.

After having too much fire whiskey I leave Blaise to his own devices and set off to find the one person I should stay away from.

I see her standing amidst a group of Ravenclaws laughing about something one of them said.

Without another thought, I walk past her, arm smashing into hers.

I hear a gasp and know that she notices that it was me.

In the corner of the room, pink curtains swayed beside a window.

I duck behind the curtains and wait.

Before I knew it she arrived an angry expression on her face.

"What the bloody hell was that Y/N?" She exclaims to me.