Chapter 26 [✔]

Diagon Alley

I enter the jewelry shop on Main Street with a thousand coins in my bag all jingling with the same taunting abnormality that I've become so accustomed to.

My mother had given me a little bit too much money, but, that was all right because it was very helpful since I've decided that I wanted to get Y/N a ring as well-perhaps not as nice as the one she got me but I wanted her to have something to remember me by...if she does want to remember.

I'm peering over at the engagement rings that were in my price range; I remember something that Y/N had told me; "You never need flashy jewelry when you are a bright, vivid spirit, no instead you need something simple to accentuate the beauty that is already so relevant, you don't want something that will take over the show-stopping beauty you hold."

I take that advice and look at the simpler rings that I thought would be perfect for such a 'bright and vivid spirit'.

When I make my decision I head to the cashier who hands me my bag wrapped and pretty and then I was off and out of the store.

Diagon Alley was incredibly busy today, people were swarming all around me.

"Granger?" I hear a feminine voice call from behind me.

I turn and I see Y/Ns best friend Astoria Greengrass standing there.

"Greengrass," I nod to her and move to the side of the road.

"What are you doing here?" She asks me.

"I'm shopping for Y/Ns birthday, you?" I say holding up my bag.

"Same thing actually...say do you want to go to Floreans?"

When she asks me to accompany her to the ice cream parlor usually I would say no but for whatever reason, I follow her to the outdoor shop.

I order a lemonade as she ordered a cup of vanilla ice cream.

"Usually I hate sugar, but, their ice cream is my weakness," She laughs taking a bite of her ice cream.

"What do you want from me?" I ask her abruptly.

She swallows her ice cream, licks her lips, and folds her hands over one another on top of the table.

"Fine...I hope you understand...times are changing and the direction we are going in is...we're going to stay-us purebloods-there will be no more mudbloods you see...instead you all will be hunted to the depths of the earth and will simply perish," She says this so easily that I almost believe her.

"That's not true-people will fight back!"

"But you will lose," She shrugs taking another bite, her brunette hair curled to perfection draped carelessly over her shoulder.

"Why are you telling me this?" I ask her furiously.

"Y/N doesn't need you hanging around her-she needs to be with someone better- a pureblood that will love her more than you could ever possibly, she doesn't need someone like you to taint her pure name."

"Oh? And who do you think that that would be?" I raise an eyebrow.

"Me."

This takes me by storm, her?

Astoria Greengrass love my girlfriend-ex-girlfriend.

No, I don't think so.

"You?!" I exclaim flabbergasted.

"You're her friend, not her lover!"

"But...that could change Granger you know that," Astoria smiles condescendingly.