Alternate ending [✔]

The war was over, Voldemort was dead and gone forever, no longer in this world.

I sat on the stairs with my head resting on Harry's shoulder, Ron on my other side resting his head on my shoulder, we were all extremely tired.

Not just because of today, but because of the last seven years.

I didn't know where Y/N was, her father tried killing her but his curse was blocked by whatever invisible force, almost as Harry had when he was an infant.

I knew she would need space, so I was going to give that to her, whatever she needed I was going to provide.

"Hermione?" I hear a voice call from behind me, Y/N stood there with a letter in her hand, a chain dangling from her palm.

"Y/N," I say smiling.

"Ron, Harry," She nods to the both of them.

They smile back at her before getting up and leaving us alone.

"So..." She said as I stood in front of her, her face was dirty and streaked with tears as she gazed into my eyes.

"So..." I repeat.

"I'm alive," She said, giving me jazz hands.

I laughed and grabbed her arms pulling her into a hug.

"I'm so sorry Hermione, for everything I'm a terrible person...but if you'll have me I'll work on myself and I promise to be better for the rest of our lives," She said, pulling away slightly to look into my eyes.

"Y/N I'd stick by your side through hell and back, we just nearly did that too," I say brushing a stray hair behind her ear.

She smiled.

I lean in and meet her lips, covered in ash but tasting all too familiar taste, it felt like home every bit of it.

I grip onto her tighter than ever not ever wanting to release her.

"Hermione..." She says my name so sweetly against my lips.

She pulls away and looks at me.

"What?" I chuckle.

"You're so perfect..." She smiles.

"Remember the promise we made..." She starts her eyes locking with mine. "The one when we were at the ski resort?"

I nod remembering that special promise that we had made.

"We're both seventeen...so Hermione Jean Granger... I ask this once more and this time I mean it... will you marry me?"

---

The Great Hall was decorated with white, white flowers, and white lights.

Instead of the tables, chairs were lining both sides of the aisle.

A white runway was laid out on the runway, for the destination of the altar.

The altar itself was decorated with white flowers, and a man from the ministry stood in front of the altar.

The candles that usually were floating above our heads were now bubbles of light.

There was music playing, drifting through the hall, and hundreds of guests were out there, waiting for the main event;

Y/N and I's wedding.

I spotted the Weasleys, Ron sitting beside Ginny and beside Ginny was Harry.

Luna was sitting with her father wearing bright yellow just as her father is.