The Part Where Bico Attempts to Eat a Bird

Here we go! The "before Pico's School and FNF" one-shot series! Imma try to keep the one-shots in chronological order but there will probably be mini stories within this series and stuff.

Here are the Bico Gang's ages!

Bico (6)

Bayani (6)

Darius (8)

Biconjo (11)

─────⋅☾ ☽⋅─────

The weekend was typically a rest day for most people. You got two entire days to rejuvenate and let the worries of a busy work schedule melt away into nothingness. It was a short but much-needed break for many. However, for a select percentage of the population, weekends were nothing more than workdays without the work. That brings us to a park in Philadelphia on a nice, summer evening.

"Mom, it's hot," whined Biconjo, pulling on his mother's shirt. The black-haired woman, aka Grace McKenzie, was too busy trying to wrangle his younger brother back to her side. Bico squealed and wriggled like the worm he practically was in Grace's hands.

His mother sighed, "Use the umbrella to cover yourself then." Biconjo scoffed and rolled his eyes at her, taking the umbrella in her pocket and opening it to shade himself. He wanted to go back home and not have to deal with screaming kids. Screaming made his head hurt.

The park was practically filled with snotty-nosed brats- I mean children. Biconjo felt like passing away right then and there. He guessed it was good he'd remembered to bring his headphones so he could listen to music and swing. Grace set Bico down and couldn't even get a sound out before the six-year-old's running to the slides.

"Go," Grace said, shooing Biconjo off. "Find someone your age."

How blunt. He turned on his heel and immediately sat on the swings.

Meanwhile, on the other side of the playground.

"See, if you'd just cooperate with me, we wouldn't be in this situation!"

Darius wordlessly walked next to his mother as she shouted into her phone at his father. She didn't seem to be to paying much mind to anything else besides her husband. He hesitantly grabbed her hand, wondering if that would do anything to calm her worsening mood. Instead of holding his hand, she jerked her hand away from him.

Hurt by the action, he played with his hoodie strings. He didn't know what was causing his parents to be so angry all the time, but he didn't like it one bit. He also didn't like the fact she was taking him to a park. There were so many different faces and voices to look at. Too many.

Darius bit his lip, figuring that the swings were the safest option. There was only one other person on the swings, sorta unusual but it was better than talking to other kids. His mother abruptly shoved him forward. "Go play," she bit out, face screwed up and eyes ablaze with emotional fire. Worried she might snap on him, he nodded and scurried off to the swings.

The person on the swings glanced up at him as he sat down. He said nothing, unsure of how to start a conversation.

"Hello," said the other person. Darius froze for a moment. What was he supposed to say?

"Hello..."

"Why'd your mom bring you here?" asked the black-haired boy.

"How'd you know my mom brought me?"

"I saw you walk away from her. My name's Biconjo, who are you?" Biconjo tilted his head in question. What was so interesting about this kid?

"Darius."

Biconjo hummed, "My mom brought me and my brother here. I wanted to back home but she was getting annoyed because Bico was chewing up her shoes."

Chewing up shoes? Where was all of this coming from and why was this boy speaking so fast..? Biconjo pointed out Bico who seemed to have found a friend in a girl with reddish-brown hair. The two of them were stacking rocks and building things. Darius pretended to understand what was going.

"Is that your sister?"

"Huh? Nah, ion know her."

Okay, maybe this weird guy wasn't that bad. He could deal with talkativeness if he wasn't expected to be talkative back. The two of them had hit it off pretty well until there was suddenly a loud shriek from where Bico and the girl were.

"SPIT IT OUT!"

"What is- What the actual fuck?!"

The girl was trying to pull a fucking bird out of Bico's mouth. Biconjo quickly stood up and ran over to Bico. Darius, curiously confused followed his new acquaintance. The older boy wrestled the bird out of Bico's mouth and set it free just in time.

"Bayani! Why are you screaming so loud?" Bayani's mother walked up, confusion on her face.

Biconjo deadpanned. This is a park lady. Children scream. The brown-haired girl, now known as Bayani, frowned and pointed at Bico who appeared to have zoned out. "My new friend tried to eat a bird!"

Bayani's mother raised an eyebrow. "A bird?"

"I'm sorry, Miss, my brother eats things that aren't necessarily edible," Biconjo sighed as his mother and Barnell's mother walked over.

"Darius, time to- have you made new friends?"

The three mothers shared looks. This meeting somehow turned into setting up playdates for the children to meet up and continue playing with each other. They even found out they all went to the same school system. It was a weird coincidence but, depending on your opinion, this meeting was either a good or bad thing for the well-being of everyone involved.

"Bye-bye, Yani and Riri!" Bico waved to the other two kids.

"Bye, Bird Boy and Biconjo!"

"Bye, Bico and Biconjo."

Now it was time to go home and prepare for another week of strenuous work, and chaotic children.

─────⋅☾ ☽⋅─────

Currently trying to think of a way to tie the FNF events into the Pico's Schools events while adding my own unique twist.

I know a good way to get Casey pulled in.

So many things to think about. 👹👹