💔 Drifter || Gabby

Hmmm haven't posted in a while, let's do something angsty to get me back in the groove.

It's based on a Tiktok on my fyp 🕴

Pairing: x Ex-BSF!Reader

─────⋅☾ ☽⋅─────

"Let's talk about the three different types of ghosting."

The message still said "read" beneath it. A frown settled in your face as you scrolled back up, looking at other texts to grasp at faint memories you held close and dear to your heart. It began weighing heavily on your heart the further back you read, noting just how much more alive your previous texts seemed compared to the occasional answer or "read". The thought that Gabby was probably busy flutters into your mind as you read on.

"No. 1 is Soft Ghosting."

Your heart leapt into your throat when you realised Gabby had began typing. Before you could stop it, the excitement at the knowledge that she was about answer you races through your body, anxious tremors shaking your entire being like a volcano ready to erupt. Every conversation with her was your fuel for the day or even the week. You loved her with your entire heart, and part of you wondered if you could continue without someone so vital to you.

She'd stopped typing. The excitement slowly drained from you. In its place came tiredness and an aching heart once again. This had started becoming a cycle about a month ago. It felt like you'd done something wrong, but you couldn't figure out what had happened or what you could've possibly done to make her start pulling back from you. Was she upset? Had you offended her? The answers were neither there nor attainable.

"Soft ghosting is when someone gradually pulls back so that they can cut off communication... eventually altogether or just occasional communication with you."

You sat your phone down. The fuzzy silence that taunted your room closed in. To escape it, you put on some headphones and chose a random song to makeup fantasy scenarios in your head to. They seemed like the one constant in your life that you could rely on. They couldn't leave with an empty feeling of hopelessness in your heart, nor could that disappear without some sort of communication. They were your mental safety blankets.

It probably wasn't healthy to constantly use escapism as your therapy. The music was addicting and so were the movies that came with them. They were like drugs that you had no hope of escaping from, they chained you to your psyche and fed you the beautiful lies of imagination. They were dangerous. Maybe you didn't realize that.

"This shows up as no longer really reaching out."

You closed your eyes and-

The music was interrupted by your phone violenty vibrating. You rubbed at your eyes, forcing them to focus on your screen as you looked through the multiple messages that decorated your lock screen. You turned your vibration off and unoauded your music. You could answer them later, you didn't have the energy to dish out for your friends' chaotic group chat. The darkness of your eyelids greeted you once again as you allowed yourself to drift in that perfect space of asleep and yet not asleep.

"It's perfectly fine to not be able to get over quickly. All everyone wants is at least one person they can tell everything to without consequence."

Your therapist is giving you that knowing look as you finally look up from your phone. You hated that look with a passion. It wasn't pitying you by no means, but she seemed to be able to pick apart everything that made you the person you were today and just yank it out of your soul for you to see for yourself. It was horrible.

[Blondie]: Sorry I haven't answered in a while, I've been busy. - read at 2:30pm

That sentence made your blood boil. But at the same time, it cut you deep. That was her excuse everytime she came back, and yes she had the right to be busy. However, if she was just avoiding you, you'd rather her tell you the truth rather than handfeed you "perfectly crafted" lies. You could do without them.

"The session's over...can I leave?" You asked.

The therapist sighed, knowing you'd attempt bottling everything up once more and waved you off. Your headphones are settled right back over your ears as you walk out of the building.

You let your mind drift back to you and Gabby past friendship, grasping at your memories once more.

.•*•.•*•.•*•.•*•.•*•.•*•.

I've been off my game for WEEKS.

Time to settle back into my hyperfixation <3