Flash Fics || Sentimentality

Until I can get back into the groove of oneshot writing, have some flash fics

─────⋅☾ ☽⋅─────

"A lot of people... don't seem to understand this, but I need people. I don't know why. It's like I have to obesses over them or it doesn't feel like I'm loving them."

You glanced up from your phone, your eyes settling on Gabby's form. She's got a weird look in her eyes. They were seeing, but no truly. Frowning, you shove your phone in your pocket and scoot over, leaning your head on her shoulder and wrapping an arm around her waist. She seemed grateful and leaned her head on yours.

"I just...every time I love someone, it feels like they pull away from me," She admitted. "I'm scared you'll pull away too."

You softly presdedyour lips against hers, running a hand through her hair. "Leaving you would be the last thing to ever cross my mind, Babe."

She gave you that one prescious smile you'd fell in love with.

"Hey, look, I found that necklace I made you when we first started dating!"

Bayani held up a horribly made necklace that appeared to be covered in dust. The pink paint had even started to fade and chip off of the wood. You snorted and took it out of her hands. Your names were carved into the back of it, albeit a little wonky and kinda indecipherable. She'd just been getting into woodworking and carpentry when she'd met you. At the time you'd thought it was cute.

Now, comparing it to her fever works it was-

"It's hideous, no offense," You said, watching your girlfriend immediately wheeze and laugh her ass off. In all honesty, you were surprised it never gave you splinters cuz what the fuck.

Bayani took the necklace back. "I'm gonna hang it over the fireplace so we can make fun of it together."

You had a feeling making fun of it would become an anniversary tradition.

"Why do you keep looking at me like that?"

Having been caught, your joyfriend immediately disappeared back under the blanket they had wrapped around them. You would've facepalmed had this been one of those strange, fever dream fanfics. Which most often they're not...unless- anyway, you pulled the blanket back and raised at eyebrow him. He smiled bashfully. "Hi."

"Don't "Hi" me, what's wrong, McDonald's Hairline." The taller person huffed at you, displeased by the nickname. "Oh hush, we both know it's true."

"Remember how we became friends cuz I couldn't stop staring at the back of your head?" Bico rolled himself back up into a burrito again and rolled into his stomach to look at you. "I still like doing that cuz you're just so nice to look at."

"Pfft, simp."

"That's why I ate your cake."

"BICO!"

You shivered a little as the cool, autumn air nipped at your exposed skin. Casey's quick to wrap you up in his own jacket. You went to protest but he shook his head and cast some fire magic in his hand. A little blue ball of light popped into life, hovering above his palm. The two of you had decided to visit the park just to walk around for a little bit.

"I still have that really weird, hyrbid flower you gave on our first anniversary," You said, pulling it out of your pocket. You'd done your best to preserve it before ultimately having it dehydrated to keep it safe. It was like an oddly beautiful mix between a tulip and a flower.

"Really? I thought you would've thrown it out by now?"

"What? Never! It's beautiful, Casey. Especially because you made it."

Then you got the wonderful gift of seeing his face turn a bright red. You laughed and kissed his cheek. He was so easy to fluster and you loved that about him.

.•*•.•*•.•*•.•*•.•*•.•*•.

👺 I haven't touched this book in dayssss

Feel free to stop by my house and beat me up for not writing (don't you actually do it tho. 🤨)

Stay Foxy, much love <3