Chapter 37 🖤

*excuse all mistakes*

La'taisha Williams
Miami-Dade, Florida
Scooby's Brunch and Grill

Diamond 💎 💕

𝑊𝑦𝑎 𝑡𝑎𝑒?

𝐼𝑚 𝑎𝑡 𝑏𝑟𝑢𝑛𝑐ℎ 𝑤𝑖𝑡ℎ 𝑑𝑒𝑧 & ℎ𝑖𝑠 𝑏𝑟𝑜
𝑦𝑜𝑢 𝑜𝑘𝑎𝑦?

𝑌𝑒𝑎 𝑖𝑚 𝑓𝑖𝑛𝑒 𝑙𝑜𝑣𝑒 𝑗𝑢𝑠 𝑐ℎ𝑒𝑐𝑘𝑖𝑛𝑔
𝑢𝑝 𝑜𝑛 𝑦𝑜𝑢, 𝑖𝑙𝑦🤍

𝐴𝑤𝑒𝑒𝑒☹️, 𝑦𝑜𝑢'𝑟𝑒 𝑠𝑜 𝑠𝑤𝑒𝑒𝑡 𝐷,
𝑖𝑙𝑦 𝑚𝑜𝑟𝑒❤️! 𝑇𝑒𝑙𝑙 𝑡𝑟𝑎𝑦 𝑖 𝑠𝑎𝑖𝑑 𝑤𝑠𝑝
& 𝑔𝑖𝑣𝑒 𝑏𝑟𝑎𝑦𝑡𝑜𝑛 𝑘𝑖𝑠𝑠𝑒𝑠 𝑓𝑜𝑟 𝑚𝑒😘

𝑊𝑖𝑙𝑙 𝑑𝑜 😂

I closed out of my messages and focused on dez and his brother conversation as the waiter gave us our drinks.

"Okay I have one sweet tea, a lemonade, and an orange juice. I'll be back with the food later" she smiled and walked away.

"Thank you" i told her and she replied with a "no problem" before walking away.

"So u-uh how you been?" Dez brother asked  him as he sat across from us at the brunch place we were at.

"Let's skip the small talk, where you been man?" Dez asked him.

"I told you where I've been" Demarcus told him, it looked like he was lying. None of my business though.

Dez just sucked his teeth. I seen he was getting aggravated so I just layed my head on his shoulder and rubbed his back, showing him signs of comfort from me.

He reached below and rubbed my stomach carrying our now two month year old baby.

"This bullshit bruh"dez shook his head

"Listen Lil bruh, I was too deep in the street shit, i had to leave. I went to Chicago for the years that passed by. Now mom knew but I didn't know she was gonna tell you I was dead. Maybe she was tryna prot-"

"Nah don't say that shit cause I still ended up in the streets. I'm lucky my wife helped me realize I can't do this shit forever so I put my money to good use"dez told him cutting him off.

"Good use like what?" Demarcus asked him.

"Like owning not one but two tattoo shops in the making. One in Miami and one in Broward. Also, contributing to buying a house and getting ready for my new form of life" dez told him.

"So you paying all the bills? That's how you wanna live the rest of your life? No fast money?" Demarcus said scrunching up his face.

I sucked my teeth. "Don't make it seem like I'm living off him. I made my own money before and I still am" I said and rolled my eyes.