five, part 2

☹︎ ☹︎ ☹︎
𝑊𝑎𝑟𝑛𝑖𝑛𝑔𝑠:
NSFW
-sex, coarse language, slight degradation
this chapter is meant for mature audiences only. please be advised of that.

☻︎ ☻︎ ☻︎

"This round?" He repeated, leaning in. His breath was tickling the shell of her ear; he was closer than he had ever been. Although darkness surged in the abyss of his eyes, a spark of amusement began once again to combine itself with the intricate combination that was his gaze. "I wasn't aware this was a game to you, sweetheart."

    Lightly, his hand listened to hers and began pressing harder against her neck, causing her to tilt her head up slightly. "Do you realize what you're gambling with here?"

    Quick, she had to think. Every single outcome for every single scenario began playing out in her head; yes, she may have had a slight advantage, but that was it. As soon as that advantage was gone, she was dead; that was a fact she was certain of– the only reason Light couldn't kill her right here and now was because of the unwanted attention it would draw him. She knew he could erase all doubts by eliminating both her and Misa, but again, he would be the first in line to be a suspect. Light had completely, utterly fucked up by dropping his Death Note; that, too, she knew, which meant he was in just as big of a mess as she was in– he probably was tormented by the options laying out before him. He, too, most likely had no idea what to do.

    In those scenarios, the best choice was often to pretend she did. Kaira strongly believed that the given impression of certainty– that she had not a single ounce of doubt or fear– would make Light question his decision more than he would if she showed how truly terrified she was. Her life was on the line, yet a very tiny, almost unnoticeable part of her had a hard time believing Light would actually harm her. It was naive, she had to admit. It was Kira that was in front of her this time; it wasn't Light. Kira annihilated anyone standing in his way, and she wouldn't be any different; she was now an obstacle in his plan.

    Still, she hoped she could buy herself enough time to get to read him like an open book, to beat him at his own game.

    "Isn't that what you've been doing all along? Playing a game?" She replied, her voice barely audible under Light's choking, yet it was still dripping with an arrogance that made Light's blood boil.

    "Do I have to choke you harder to silence that bratty fucking mouth of yours?" 

    His scent was intoxicating; his slightly degrading words were making her lose her composure. It was cracking, little by little. Then, noticing that she was keeping silent for once, Light somewhat released her throat, still ghosting over it with his hand.

    His eyebrows furrowed as he caught was he deemed to be lust in her eyes, swirling in her gaze as she looked up at him. With her lips slightly parted, she remained silent, her breathing becoming a little ragged. He glanced at her lips, then back at her eyes, still holding her in place against the wall. Kaira's right hand snaked between his body and hers, and firmly, she grabbed the front of his shirt to pull him forward. In a flash, his lips met hers, and she gasped, caught by surprise at how quickly his body reacted. He aggressively pulled her waist forward against him, using one of his hands to lift her leg up.

    With one hand, Light signalled Ryuk, who had already started to roll his eyes, to leave, which he did. With the other, he gripped her thigh, the hem of her skirt tickling his fingers. His free hand snaked to her jaw and yanked it backwards to have access to her neck. Surprisingly delicately, he trailed kisses down her jaw, to her neck, to her collar bone. His fingers played with the buttons of her shirt, undoing just enough so that he could slip the fabric off of one shoulder. She felt him smile against her skin, his breath sending shivers down her spine. His hand slid up her thigh, his other arm holding her up as they desperately fed off of each other's touch. Their lips met again, with a lot more hunger this time. Their kisses were sloppy and getting more desperate with each movement. If they kept going, not even reason would be able to stop either of them.