Chapter 13

Chapter 13

I opened the door silently and let him in. He walked in and then I closed the door.

Me and Jasper were alone.

No Maddy, no Dylan... nobody.

“What do you need to talk about?” I asked, playing dumb. He raised his eyebrow.

“You know what,” he said, stepping closer to me. I started panicking at our approximately.

He was too close.

“That thing,” he said, still moving closer. “That happened in the hospital...”

Almost,” I corrected, finding my voice. “What almost happened.”

He smirked. “What could’ve happened,” he whispered. Now he was inches away from me. I almost forgot everything Aaron said to me. Why did he have this effect on me?

I quickly reacted by pushing him away.

“I can’t do this,” I said, stepping back to increase the distance between us.

“Do what?”

“This,” I said, gesturing to the distance between us.

He gave me a hard look and I knew I was hurting him by saying this. But I had to do.

My job came first.

“I don’t like you.. like that,” I forced out, trying not to break away from the look in his eye. If I looked away he would know I’m lying.

“Liar,” He snapped. I could tell he really wanted to believe I liked him. “You almost kissed me-”

“No, you almost kissed me,” I corrected quickly. He stepped closer to me and suddenly realized there was no where else to go. Jasper had backed me up the wall. He placed his arm next to my head, leaned against me.

“But you wanted to kiss me,” He whispered, his eyes fell on my lips for a second before flashing back to me.

“You’re the President’s son-”

“So what?”

I shook my head. I need to get some sense into this boy. “You have a girlfriend.” That seemed to do the trick because he backed away slowly.

I knew this was his weak point, so I kept pushing.

“Maddy, remember?” I said, pushing myself off the wall. “Your girlfriend.”

“I’ve been dating Maddy for a year,” he said, more to himself than to me. I was going to speak when his eyes shot up, looking directly at me. His blue eyes looked right through me.

“But she had never made me feel like you do,” he said, before stepping in front of me again, grabbing my arm and pulling me into him. Then his lips found mine.  

It was a rapid kiss, as his arm wrapped around my waist. Our lips moved in sync, as if they had done this a million times before.

I liked it. I liked it too much.

I finally came to my senses and I grabbed his wrist.

I shouldn’t have let him kissed me. I shouldn’t have kissed back. Now he’ll know I’m lying.

I flipped him over, holding his arm behind his back.

“Don’t ever,” I said threatenly, “Ever kiss me again.”

He was silent for a second. “You’re hurting me,” he said. I loosen my grip slightly only to have Jasper spin me around. His hand gripped my both of my wrist together and he pressed me against his chest. I tried to move out of it but his grip only tighten.

“I know tricks too,” He whispered into my ear. Where the hell did he learn this? I mean if he could flip me over, and he can handle a gun, his ex bodyguard was clearly training him.

He spoke again, but didn’t move. “I knew you were lying. You kissed me back.” With that he let go of me and before I could turn around he was out the door.

Bloody hell.

I angrily passed my fingers through my hair. I messed up.

I messed up bad.

My door opened again, and I turned to face Dylan.

“I didn’t hear a knock,” I said coldly, not in the mood. I just wanted to leave; I wanted to get out of this place. I couldn’t handle it anymore.

“That’s ‘cause I didn’t knock,” He said smirking. I didn’t smirk back. I just rolled my eyes and tried to walk pass him when he grabbed my arm. What's with everyone and manhandling me today?

“What happened in here with Jasper?” He asked. I glared at him.

“You spying on me again?” I snapped.

“It’s in the job description,” he responded. I pulled away from his grasp.

“Nothing happened,” I lied, crossing my arms over my chest.

“Liar. If nothing happened then why are you flushed?”

“It’s none of your business!” I snapped. I was sick of this kid trying to butt into my life!

“You like him.” It wasn’t a question, but a statement.

At that moment I couldn’t look him into the eyes anymore and I stared at the ground.

I could feel the tears threaten to fall.

“You should leave-” My voice cracked at the end and I tried to shake it off.

“You know,” Dylan said, instead of leaving. I let out a sigh. I didn’t want him here anymore. I didn’t want to hear speeches. “I noticed how jealous he was when we were tailing you. Hell, if I hadn’t stopped him he could have beat Brandon to a pub.” He stepped closer to me and I didn’t move back.

“I’m your friend here,” Dylan said, “Stop thinking I’m the enemy.”

I stared at him for awhile. Then without thinking about it I ran to him and hugged.

Then I broke.

I started crying into his shoulder, not giving a care in the world.

“I told myself I wouldn’t do this,” I said, in between sobs. “No strings attached. I couldn’t get emotionally attached! You know what they do to people who get to close?”

His grip around my waist tighten. “They remove them from the case-”

“Exactly. If they do that, I’ll never get the person who killed my dad. And I want to look the person right in the eyes and make them pay for taking him away from me.”

I realize at that moment I was actually about about my dad. And I wasn’t talking about him as if he wasn’t dead. Because he was.

And I wanted to kill whoever kill him.

I gripped Dylan’s neck tighter, burying my head into his shoulder. I cried even hard; but this time because of my dad.

“Hey it’s ok...” Dylan whispered, brushing his hand through my hair. I shook my head.

No. It wasn’t ok.

Because I let myself fall for my client's son.

************************************************************

Me and Jasper didn’t talk much. Actually I tried ignoring him at all cost. I took a different limo than him and me and Dylan spent most of the time in my room trying to figure why Brandon would want to kill the President.

I now see Dylan as a close friend, believe it or not. He was fun to be around and worked just as hard as me.

I was walking through the front doors of the school, which ‘my bodyguard’ close behind me.

Jasper and Maddy were in the front steps and it looked as if they were waiting for us.

I hope they weren’t.

“There you guys are!” Maddy said, jumping in excitement.

“You were looking for us?” Dylan asked, speaking for me. I barely spoke to them anymore. I only spoke when spoken too.

“We’re riding together, aren’t we?” She asked, confused. I shook my head.

“My and Dylan have things to do,” I said coldly. It was true; we were going to Brandon’s suppose home and scooping it out. Maybe we’ll find clues, who knows.

“You have to come with us, sis,” Jasper said, looking at me through his hair. I refused to look at him.

“Why?”

“Because father has that important meeting with the ambassador of China and you’re require to be there.”

Of course I was, I was his undercover bodyguard.

But I wasn’t told the President had a meeting today.

I looked up at him confused. “He does?”

He let out a laugh. A cold one. “You’d know that if you weren’t spending so much time with Dylan.”

“Baby,” Maddy said, hitting him softly in the shoulder. It didn’t even faze him.

I refused to let his comment bother me. “Dylan call for another limo-”

“Nonsense,” Jasper said, smirking. “We’ll take mine.”

I feel like he was planning something. I could tell tell from the way his eyes light up when I walked passed him into the limo.

Or maybe he wants to be near you.

I shook the thoughts out of my head as I sat inside the limo.

Dylan followed closely behind me, sitting next to me. He was either really good at his job or he was an extremely good actor because he barely spoke a word when he was around other people.

He sat close to me while Jasper and Maddy sat on the other side of the limo. Maddy was across of me and Jasper was across of Dylan.

“So hows my sister treating you Dylan?” Jasper asked, smirking.

There it was. He wanted to know what me and Dylan were doing.

Dylan smirked right back. “I have a few bruises,” he responded, before leaning in closer and looking Jasper right in the eyes. “But I told her not to bite down as hard next time.”

Jasper’s smirk fell and I immediately whacked Dylan in the chest.

“Shit,” He said, rubbing his chest.

“He’s joking,” I said quickly, glaring at him. He wasn’t helping the situation.

“Hm,” was all that Jasper said, while Maddy laughed.

I, blushing like crazy, turned and looked outside the window.

“Where are we going?” I said, noticing this wasn’t the way to the White House.

“The graveyard,” Jasper responded, turning his head to the window. That was good because he didn’t see my panic face.

He was going to visit my father’s grave.

My eyes met those of Aaron’s, who I didn’t know was the person driving.

“I’m sorry,” he mouthed. He wanted me to be there. I shook my head when I felt someone grab my hand.

I looked over to see Dylan looking at me with a worry look.

I couldn’t even find my voice. I couldn’t handle it. I shouldn’t be here.

The car came to a stop and I let out a breath I was holding.

This was really happening?

“We’ll be back,” Jasper said, not bothering to look back and opened the door. He grabbed Maddy’s hand and they slid out of the car.

Then I heard the car door shut close.

“Mel...” I said, Aaron’s voice, but I wasn’t listening.

I shook my head. “I need to get out of here,” I said, grabbing the car door handle. I pulled it but it wouldn’t open.

“Aaron open the door,” I said, pulling the handle over and over again. Now I was freaking out. Aaron turned half his body so he was facing the back of the limo.

“I can’t do that,” Aaron said. Tears threaten to fall as I pulled the handle even harder. I knew it was no use, but I couldn’t face them.

What was with me and freaking down in front them now?

I thought I could be strong.

But everything about my first mission proved me wrong.

“You’ve been in denial for too long,” Aaron said. “Melody, your dad has been dead for months and you haven’t said a word about him. And you haven’t even visit his grave.”

I kept shaking my head, as tears blurred my vision.
“I-I c-can’t,” I choked out, breathing heavily.

There was a silence before the door unlocked.

“Follow me,” Dylan said, taking my hand and pulling me with him out of the limo.

I looked around the graveyard. I felt sick.

There were dead people here, under my feet. Dylan started walking and tried to pull me with him, but I froze.

“Trust me,” he whispers, and I finally take a step and follow him.

I memorized the graveyard lay out the day I found out where he was going to buried. And the way Dylan was taking me wasn’t where my father was buried.

I followed him silently.

“W-where are we g-going?” I asked, as we went through rows and rows of graves.

He didn’t respond. Instead he finally slowed down and we stopped in front of a small grey stone grave.

He kept his distance on it but I walked closer to it, reading the name on it.

Here lies Carol Carter - A loving wife and mother. May she rest in peace

“That’s my mom.”

He didn’t have to tell me, I could read the name.

“Why did you bring me here?” I didn’t say it harshly, I was just wondering.

“I was in denial too,” he said softly, walking up next to me. He really didn’t answer my question, but he didn’t have too. “I didn’t come out of my room for three weeks actually and I didn’t speak for three months. It wasn’t real for me...” He trailed off and walked up in front of the grave. He sat next to it.

“But I realized it was something I was almost prepared for, you know?” He wasn’t facing me, he looking at his mother’s gravestone. “You know that your parents have one of the most dangerous jobs in the world. You know that something- bad can happen to them. So I came to terms with it-” he looked up at me. “Just like you have too.”

We stared at each other for a second before he turned away, looking at the grave.

“Hey mom,” he said, passing his fingers through the grave. “See that girl over there?” he turned to me, looking up at me with a light in his eyes. “That’s my new partner. She’s quiet storrborn-”

I laugh.

“But she’s an extraordinary bodyguard; especially for her age.”

I smiled at the compliment, walking up to the grave and sitting next to him.

“And your son should really know when to butt out of other people’s problems,” I said, turning to face him. “But if it weren’t for him, I wouldn’t be-be able to do what I’m going to do right now.”

Dylan raised his eyebrow. I stood up and pulled my hand out. He took it and I pulled him to his feet.

I knew where my dads grave was. Hell, I could walk to it blind folded if I wanted too.

It was exactly five minutes away from Carol Carter’s grave.

Jasper and Maddy were gone, they were probably already in the car already. There were a lot of boutiques around the grave.

The grave that read “William Anderson. The bravest man that ever lived.”

I changed my last name when I moved to London after my parents split. Edwin was my mother’s last name.

“Jasper gave him that title,” Dylan told me, as I stared at the grave.

I feel to my knees and traced the grave with my fingers.

So this was where my father was buried? Right under my feet?

“I’m going to make you proud,” I whispered, as my fingers linger under the title Jasper gave him.

“I’m going to make you proud dad.”

There was the sound of a branch breaking behind us and I turned to see Jasper looking at me. His eyes were red as one tear fell down his cheek.

Dad?”

**************************************************************************

*unedited*

ANDJELAFHDFHUDIFDSJKALNJDKSJSBCSDKALGUFALRJEWA SOME MUCH THINGS HAPPENED AT ONCE OMG!!!!!!!!!!!

I'M SORRY FOR THE LONG WAIT, BUT WAS IT WORTH IT?

GAHHHHHH!!!!

DON'T FORGET TO VOTE

COMMENT

AND FAN!!!

LOVE

MYSKY! :)