Chapter 11

Chapter 11

"Here," I said, handing Agent Carter the signed statement of everything that happened. I didn't look him in the eyes because I felt if I did, he would think he was right when he said I couldn't handle this.

"Thank you," He said, turning around and heading out my room door. He suddenly stopped.

"I'm glad you're not hurt," he said, shocking me.

"All thanks to your son," I said, smiling. At that moment he didn't look like an agent of the Secret Service. Oh no. He looked like a proud father.

There was a knock on the door and in came Dylan all patched up. He took some hard punches.

Speaking of the hero.

"I'm going to go give this Agent Vega," Michael said, leaving me alone with his son.

The minute the door closed I took the pillow that was behind me and chucked it at him. He dodged it fairly easily. Stupid trained idiot.

"Thats no way to act to the person who saved your life," he mocked, walking closer to me.

"No but it's the way to act to the idiot that brought one of the most wanted dead person in the United States to a recusing mission!" I said, as he leaned against the wall.

He waved me off. "Would you forget that? We saved you and everyone's fine," he said. He looked at my leg. "Speaking of fine, how's your leg?"

"It has another hole on it," I muttered, crossing my arms around my chest. "I'm probably never going to go back to school again."

H laughed. It was the first time we were having a normal conversation. In a hospital nonetheless.

"You hate school," he stated, smirking. I raised my eyebrow. "I know lots of things," He responded.

I stood up straight. How much did he know exactly?

"And that means I know Will was your father." Damn was this kid a mind reader. I said nothing, instead I glared at him.

"Well congrats," I snapped angrily. "You gonna go tell everyone now, right?"

He continued to stare at me and I thought he wasn't going to answer.

"No," he said, "I'm not going to tell anyone."

I gave him a confused look. "And why not?" I asked, silently thanking god he wasn't.

"Because," he said, stepping closer to me. "It's not my secret to tell," he said, putting his hands inside his pocket. "But you can't hide it forever. Especially since you're in denial-"

"I'm not in denial," I said, getting him to raise his eyebrow.

"Oh really? How many times have you visited his grave?" he asked.

Now I got mad. Who the hell did he think he was?

"You don't know me Dylan," I growled, getting ready to throw something at him again.

"Well I'd like to know you," He said suddenly. I looked at him, shocked by his response.. He gave me a weak smile.

"Believe it or not, I don't meet a lot of people with the similar childhood as me," he said, suddenly not meeting my eyes. He looked at the wall. "My mom was killed on the job as well."

Oh. "I'm sorry," I said, meaning it. I didn't know this about him. Hell I didn't know anything about him.

"No worries," he said, shrugging. I wish I could be that calm and collected about a parent's death. We stayed silent for a second before Dylan spoke again.