Chapter 2

*Awkward moment when you realize you made two characters Melody.... I'm so stupid ;D *Fans Of You Can't Cuddle With the Resistance will get this ;D***

Chapter 2

Melody

I tapped the old wooden desk with my pencil.

I spent all day in my room figure everything I had to for my cover.

I also had a map of the White House I learned by heart and a list of everyone that worked here.

I wasn’t going to let anyone down.

Especially not my dad.

There was a knock on the door and Agent Vega came in.

“Studying hard?” He joked as he looked over my shoulder. I laughed.

“Of course, I don’t want anyone having to second guess their opinion in me,” I said, turning to face him. He laughed softly.

“Melody,” he said, slowly, “No one is questioning their opinion on you.”

“No yet,” I said, spinning the chair back around.

He laughed again and started for the door.

“Oh yeah Melody,” He said, making me turn around again. He smiled. “There’s someone in the kitchen waiting for you.” He turned and left, leaving me confused.

Who in the bloody hell would be here for me?

I closed the folder and went downstairs to the kitchen.

“That’s completely mental,” A male voice from the kitchen, as he laughed with one of the maids.

I knew that voice.

“Aaron?” I said, smiling as the blonde haired boy turned around.

“Melody!” He said, in his thick British accent. He smiled made me smile, just like it always did. He opened his arms and I ran to give him a hug.

“What are you doing here?” I asked, completely shocked. He was suppose to be training! You see, me and Aaron had become friends while training to become bodyguards.

He pulled away from me and smiled. “You are looking at the new bodyguard for the president's son.”

I made a face in dislike.

Aaron noticed. “Oh, not a fan, I see?” He said, leaning against the counter, smirking.

“He called me a replacement,” I said, crossing my arms. “He’s a selfish little twit,” I added.

It was true. I knew the President’s son for about five minutes and I already hated him. Not that it mattered, he hated me as well so we’re even.

Aaron laughed. “You let him get away with that?” He asked. I smirked.

“If the President wasn’t there, he’d be in the  hospital,” I said, crossing my arms. I heard footsteps behind me and I turned to come face to face with the devil.

“Come on, we’re leaving,” he told me, as he grabbed an apple off the counter table.

I looked at him confused. “What?”

“Do you not speak english?” He asked harshly, making my jaw drop. Did this kid have any manners!

“We’re going to the mall,” he added, rolling his eyes.

“The mall?” I asked. I didn’t like being told what to do, especially not by someone I could possible injure hundred and fifty ways with that wooden spoon.

“Yeah the mall. A big building where they have little stores and you buy things from them. Don’t they have a mall in your country?”

If he insults me one more time....

“Look,” Jasper said, putting the half finished apple on the table. “If you’re going to pass as my sister, and going to be seen in public with me, you’re gonna have to start dressing like a teenager.”

I heard Aaron burst out laughing at our little scene. I glared at him quickly then looked back at Jasper.

“What’s wrong with the clothes I have?” I asked, looking at myself. I was wearing a black and white suit, just like any other bodyguard was wearing.

“Some many things,” he muttered. “Come on, Aaron. You’re driving,” Jasper said, as he went through the door of the kitchen.

“Murder me, Aaron,” I said, “Please murder me.”

And all he did was laugh.

Some friend he was.

****************************************************************************

Shopping was terrible.

Not only did me and Jasper fight the whole time he made me get all these mini skirts and revealing shirts! Like what the hell!

He said I had to ‘get with the program.’

What the hell did that mean?

And to top it off he didn’t even let me pay!

“Now wasn’t fun?” Aaron said, as he parked the black SUV. Me and Jaspar both had our arms crossed.

“No,” we both said, glaring at each other. Jasper pulled down his hoodie, the one he wore the whole day to hide from anyone who might notice him, and stretched out in front of me, opening my side car’s door.

“Now leave,” he said, crossing his arms and leaning back on the leather seats.

“Aren’t you coming?” I asked, confused.

“I have things to do.”

That’s all he said. I shrugged and jumped off the car, smiling at the bodyguard who had both arms full of my bags.

“I’ll take these to your room,” the guy said, “The president wants to see you in his office.”

“Thank you,” I said, and I headed to the Oval Office.

I was only a hall away when I heard yelling and fighting.

It sounded like the President was yelling at someone.

Well it wasn’t Jasper. Who was it?

I knocked on the door but no one answered. Instead the fighting grew louder.

I knocked again but still everyone was too busy yelling at each other.

What the hell was going on?

I decide to just go in so I turned the knob and opened the door.

Everyone finally stopped fighting and turned to me.

Agent Vega looked very angry as while as the President as it looked like they were both yelling at the brown haired agent across from them.

“You.. wanted to see me..s-sir,” I said, closing the door behind me.

The brown haired guy snapped his head at me. “This? This is the famous bodyguard who’s gonna protect the President of the United States?”

Oh... they were fighting about me....

Oh joy.

“Yes, Melody, please take a seat,” President Cross said, looking tired. I did as told and looked at Agent Vega, hoping he would tell me what was going on.

But was too busy glaring at the other agent.

“Um, Melody,” Lincoln said, hand gesturing to the angry agent. “This is agent Michael Carter. He thinks-”

“I don’t think a 17 year old girl could be right for this job,” Agent Carter said, cutting the president off.

“Which is crazy,” Agent Vega said, “Because I saw what she can do. She took out a mad three times her size-”

“But can she take out a group for terrorist with bombs three times her size?” Agent Carter challenged.

Yes, duh.

“You’re underestimating me,” I said, my voice suddenly sounding small. I didn’t like being in a room full of professionals, it made me feel small.

I mean they probably had saved billions of people all the time, yet this was my first job.

And it was the president, nonetheless.

“So prove it,” he said suddenly. Everyone turned their head to him. Agent Michael smirked. “Prove to me that you can handle this job.”

“Is that a challenge?” I asked, standing up and smiling.

“Of course. Tomorrow is the day we present you as the President’s daughter. I will have three of my finest guys on the scene, in the audience. You have to point them out.”

That’s it? Easy as pie.

“Melody you don’t have to-”

“Deal,” I said, cutting Agent Vega off.

Get ready to eat your words, Michael Carter.

****************************************************************************************

*unedited**

Is it weird that i'm only on chapter 2 and I already thought of a sequel? wow i'm good ;D

DON'T FORGET TO VOTE AND COMMENT AND FAN!!! 

I'll love you if you do... if you don't...

You're dead to me.. 

DEAD I SAY!

love, 

Mysky