Chapter 1

Chapter 1

Melody Edwin

I stared at the while building in front of me.

The White House.

I was getting ready to enter the White House.

The White House.

Bloody Hell.

Did I mention it was the White House? The freaking White House!

I took a deep breath and I walked in, very slowly I might add, and was right away welcomed in by Agent Vega.

“Melody, welcome,” he said, sending me a smile.

I smiled back at him, unsure what to do. He laughed.

“It’s ok to be nervous, Melody. It is your first job, and protect the president nonetheless.”

“Wow, thanks for your words of encouragement,” I said, sarcastically. The White house was as big as I thought.

We walked down a whole lot of hallways, passing maids and tour guards.

It was a completely place for me. The workers waved and smiled at me, greeting me with friendly faces.

But maybe that was because they thought I was the President’s daughter.

“They know you’re undercover,” Agent Vega said, as if answer my question in my head.

I nodded and let my eyes wonder the place.

We came upon a room with huge double white doors.

“And this is your room,” He said, opening the door.

My jaw dropped.

“This-this is my room?” I asked. It looked more like an suite! The room was white, as pretty much everything was here, and in the middle was a huge queen bed with a dark wooden headboard. A few feet away was a small wooden desk with a chair. All this wood made the room seem... old. But I loved it.

Agent Vega laughed. “Yes it is. Now I must leave you to get settled but in two hours, the President wants you in the Oval Office.”

I nodded and walked inside the room, taking everything in.

I smiled, dropping my bags, and jumped on the bed.

This was so cool.

***************************************************************

“You wanted to see me, sir?” I asked, biting my lip.

The President was sitting behind his desk, smiling at me. Agent Vega was next to him on the right, and another bodyguard was standing on his left. They both had shades on and ear pieces.

Hey do I get cool sunglasses and ear pieces too!?!

“Mrs. Edwin, please call Lincoln,” President Cross said, smiling.

“Only if you call me Melody,” I said, relaxing alittle. He laughed.

“Deal.”

“Now Melody we have talk about the plan,” Agent Vega said, taking off his sunglasses.

“The plan,” I repeated, nodding.

“As you know, someone is planning to assassinate the President. We have people working on who could it be all day but we need leads. That’s where you come in. We suspect it’s someone close to him. You with your special training will be posing as his daughter. No one will suspect you’re investigating and of course is the President’s bodyguard. But there’s a catch.”

I looked at him. “What?”

“You have to go to school with the President’s son, Jasper.”

“School?” I repeated. “I have to go to school?”

“It’s the only way no one will suspect anything, Melody,” Lincoln said, folding his arms across his chest. “A daughter of mine must go to school,” he joked, holding his head up high.

I laughed. “Yes, dad,” I said, hiding my accent.

“I like your American accent, seems real,” Lincoln said.

Years of practice and listening.

Suddenly the door burst open, and in came a very mad teenager with black hair. He had clear blue eyes that matched his father’s and he didn’t look happy. At all.

A woman dressed in a dark blue suit came in behind me, getting the President a apologizing look.

“I couldn’t stop him from coming in,” The First Lady explained.

“What the hell is this about replacing Will?” Jasper yelled at his father.

Replacing?

I was no replacement.

I stood there awkardly as the President stood up, place his hands on his desk.

“No one is replacing Will, jaspar. We need to figure who kill him-”

“But hiring a girl? Who’s my age nonetheless!” He turned and gave me a dirty look.

My jaw dropped at his angry. Hey, I didn’t even do anything!

“Excuse me but I-”

“Shut up,” Jasper snapped, cutting me off.

His coldness hurt me.

“Jasper Jordan Cross, you will not talk to this young lady like that. Apologize!”

“Why should I?” He yelled back, “I hate this! I hate this life and I hate you for getting Will killed!”

All of our jaws dropped.

I can’t believe he just blamed his dad for...

“Son..” Lincoln barely got the word out before Jasper stormed out.

The President sighed, sitting back now. His wife walked over to him, putting her hand on his shoulder. He took her hands into his and looked up at her.

“He doesn’t mean, Lincoln, he’s just upset.”

“We’re all upset,” Lincoln answered. There was a silence and I was debating whether or not to leave. The First Lady looked up at me.

“Oh honey I almost forgot,” she said, walking over to me. Then she pulled me into a big hug.

“I’m Marissa,” She said, “Welcome to the family.”

So now, I’m officially Melody Cross, the President’s daughter.

***********************************************************************************

*Unedited*

I hope you like it! Sorry for the long wait, but I have another stories out as well :) Don't forget to vote, comment, and fan!!

Love, 

Mysky