bro code

I started cooking another steak, we were going to make a steak dinner for our manager, Ryan, i had dropped the steak in the pit. I look around whilst holding the dirty steak. I look at the pool and run towards it. Y/n and Toby had their feet in the pool, they look at me with the dirty steak.

Y/n immediately caught on. "Wait, Fitz no!" She yells.

I wash the steak in the pool. "Oh you dirty dog!" Toby says. I laugh and run back to the grill.

*

We eventually got to plating the steak."What do you have for me Jay?" I ask. "We have some rosemary, savory thyme, savory thyme times two, and a half clean plate" he says. "Jay we have all the thyme in the world make that into something useful" i say.

Y/n walks in and she grabs a paper towel. "Y/n dont do it" Swagger and Toby say. Y/n slowly grabs one of the thyme boxes. "Dont.. You know better" Swagger says.

Matt opens the thyme box.. "Matt! Dont help her" Toby says laughing. Y/n rolls the thyme into a semi ok blunt. Matt bring out a lighter. "We will fucking do it" Matt says as y/n puts the 'blunt' in her mouth and he turns the lighter on.

"Nah nah we are joking" he says y/n removes the thing from her mouth and laughs as Jay. "Oh shit we forgot the onion" jay says. "I got it" swagger says.

Swagger leaves and everyone helps the plate the dish. Y/n puts the blunt next the plate. "No.. Y/n" i say laughing. "Shhh its a master piece Fitz" she says.

"Swagger has the onion!" Jay yells. Swagger comes in with a onion which was on fire. He put it on the plate and stood next to y/n. "Wheres Ryan?" I ask. I look around and see him. "Dinners served Mr.P" i say. "Why is my plate on fire?" He asks.

I talk to Ryan for a bit about this dish and everyone was holding back from laughing. After i finish i stand next to y/n.

"How is it?" Toby ask. "It tastes like a steak" Ryan says giving a scared laugh.

I get confident enough to make a subtle move on y/n. I slowly try to put my arm around her but am met by another hand, i quickly retreat and see it was swaggers hand.

Me and him look at each other and y/n looks at us, she looked uncomfortable. She moved over next to Toby, and toby looks over and gives us the 'what the fuck did you do' look.

After that bullshit we tell Ryan what we did to his steak, good for content, good for us.

Y/n and Matt were talking outside "I say just tell him, y'know? The worst thing he could do is stop being friends with you" Matt says. "Yeah thanks Matt like that didnt cross my mind" y/n says.

Y/n looks  and sees me. "Hey" i say. "Hey" she says. Matt looks at y/n. "Ill leave you two alive" he says going back inside

"Hey i just want to say im sorry for earlier i didnt mean to make you uncomfortable" i say. "Ah its alright no hard feelings, ive been through worse ill live" she says.

"Are you sure i feel bad" i say. "Yeah im sure, im not mad or anything if that is what you thought" she says.

Swagger comes outside as well. "Hey guys, hows it going?" He asks. "Oh nothing just chilling" y/n says. "Sounds fun, also Ryan got a new like thing for the flying fox thing over the lake" he says. "Cool, cool, i dont think its a lake though" she says. "Its not?" He asks. "Mate.. Its a pond at most" i say.

He looks over to where the flying fox is.. "Hm, well i feel stupid" he says. "Its alright i didnt know santa didnt exist until i was 14" i say. "Wait santa isnt real" Swagger and Y/n ask. "Wait are yall serious?" I ask. "Nah nah all jokes here even me" y/n says.

We all laugh. "Alright boys, im going to bed good night" she says. "Good night" swagger and i say.

She goes back inside. "Sooo.. You gonna finally admit you like her?" I ask. "Fine, maybe a little bit" he says i feel my heart sink. "I don't know man shes perfect, your right i did feel jealousy when you shared food with her, god damn it man, this i why i don't fall for people, i hate feelings bro she doesn't even like me and im lying to myself saying she does" he says

"Its going to be alright maybe one day she will feel the same" i say. I hate that i was keeping my feeling hidden too but he is my friend and now that i know he likes her i have to back off... Bro code.. A pain in my ass.

I go to my room and go to bed.

               Y/ns pov

I was woken up by a piano, i look at the time and it was midnight. I walk around and the piano stops i hear people shush each other. I hear footsteps behind me and they progressively get louder i turn around and see a shadowy figure. I scream and start running i go into the kitchen and slip on something.

"Oh shit she slipped in the egg from earlier" i hear someone says. I had hit my head on the floor. "Oh shit look what you did swagger you killed the fucker" Toby says.

"Stay awake" she says helping me up. My vision got fuzzy and blurry. I tried catching myself but i fall again. "Fuck fuck fuck.. Wake up wake up" Swagger says. "Someone go get the first aid kit." He yells.

I start closing my eyes. "Ah ah no no" he says. "Mother fucker im tired im not dying" i say. "Oh thank god nevermind" he says to whoever got the first aid kit.

"Sorry if i woke you with the piano" Toby says. "Ah its alright" i say.
"Anyways, we think someone is going to murder us so be safe" Swagger says. "You can use me as bait, thats how i want to die" i say. "Jesus- come on your borderline about to pass out" he says helping me to my room.

"Do you want me to tuck you in?" He asks jokingly. "No thanks.. Dad" i say. He laughs and flips me off. I laugh. "Goodnight swagger" i say. "Goodnight, y/n" he says leaving. I go back to sleep.