~ Chapter 12 Part 2 ~

~ CHAPTER 12 Part 2~

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

2 PM

"I hate accounting meetings" Jane groans from the board table beside me

We just finished with our second last meeting of the day. We are tackling finance this week.

"That's what comes with running a company honey," Julian says and I smile at them from the corner of my eye

"Ugh, It's a waste of time, do I really need to come to these?" she questions and I fold over my notepad and laugh along with Julian

"Yes Jane, because if either of us makes a decision you don't like you will have a meltdown, now I have a baby who already does this, I don't need a boss to have them too" I reply

Julian starts to wheeze he's laughing so hard, and Jane laughs so hard she has to clutch her stomach. I laugh so hard that I almost wet myself- a perk of having a baby, I have zero control over my bladder.

Once we calm down Jane looks at me

"I trust anything you do darling, nothing my husband does" she replies and Julian acts fake hurt, placing his hand on his chest

"You wound me woman" he replies and she kisses his cheek

Oh I wish I had this

4 PM

"Thank you, Miss Bell"

"No worries Damian," I say and slightly wave at Jane's last client. We finish most days at 4-5, but today was relatively quiet and we don't have court, so we have finished at 4.

Whilst Jane and Julian are CEO's and run this firm, they don't just have meetings they often do pro bono work and have many clients.

I look over beside me and Violet is sleeping peacefully in her little baby bassinet we have right by my desk, but she should be waking up soon to eat since she eats every few hours.

I finish the email that I am writing before I knock on Jane's door and enter her office where she is on the couch finishing off her notes.

I bring Violet with me and by the time we are situated she is stirring, so I grab her and begin to feed her whilst Jane and I debrief what we have done today and what we need to do tomorrow. 

"I got most of my work done today" I reply "I just have a few emails to answer, which I can do tonight- is it a definite no on the Booth case?" I ask

"Yes, we have too much work to do, recommend Miles to them, speak to him and if he agrees, send their details to him," she says backs and I write down a note in my phone

"Okay, anything else?" I ask her

"No, don't do too much work, Tori, you have finals this chickie," she says and I smile

"I won't... Is it still okay if I leave Violet with you tomorrow, whilst I do my mock exams?" I ask her

"Yes, of course, you'll come for dinner as well yeah?" she asks

I have a day of mock exams tomorrow to prepare me for the real things next week.

"If that's okay, I know things are weird between Jax and me-"

"Tori, you are family, you are always welcome," she says and I smile, the Shepherds have a big dinner every Tuesday night, where both of Jax's sisters come, and so do myself and Scarlett with the baby. Scarlett and I often eat dinner with them during the week too, as it allows Scarlett and Chloe to study, me to converse with my bosses and them to bond with my daughter.

6 PM

"Dinner's ready" my mum calls from the dining room. I'm sitting on the kitchen bench, Scarlett is beside me and I can tell she is stressed, she's got her back hunch and she's biting her nails.

I'm trying to cram for my finals but at this point, I think I have studied so much that I am overstudying. Violet is taking a nap in my dad's arms so that we can both have a break. Scarlett's studying for her final exams. I put my books down, and close my laptop

"Come to Scarlett," I say and she looks at me and smiles evilly

"What is that face?" I ask and giggle

"I hate school so much" she replies and I laugh

"Let's eat I am starving," I say

8 PM

"Is it time for baby girl to have a bath?" I ask Violet and she smiles. She loves bath time, and I love the bonding experience it gives us.

"Yes it is, right Violet" I reply for her "You are stinking," I say and pretend that she smells

"Super smelly," Scarlett says from right beside me, she has grabbed ahold of Violet's ducky towel "I'm going to put it in the warmer for her" she replies and I begin to run the bath, Violet and I add the bubbles and grab out her outfit for the night, a new diaper, some lotion and a cute little blanket to wrap her in.

When the bath is filled, I position her baby bath thing that I got at my baby shower, and undress her, and slide her in. Scarlett grabs all of her baby things and lays them on the bed, whilst I wash her hair, and her body.

When I finish we play with some little duckies and her little eyes are open as wide as they can be and she is softly opening her mouth, which I call smiling. Once we finish with the bath, I lift her out and wrap her in a towel and hand her off to Scarlett where she gets her ready for bed, whilst I clean the bath and put everything back in its place.

10 PM

I peer at my laptop screen again and sort through the rest of my emails. Violet has been fed and washed so she is happy and snoring beside me. So I have some time to finish the work that I didn't manage to get done at work today.

Scarlett is back beside me finishing off her schoolwork before she goes back to studying. Whilst we get free time after we finish work and school, we are most productive during the night when Violet is sleeping and have the motivation to work.

12 AM

"Tori" I hear a whisper and it's Scarlett. I open my eyes and she is standing over me where I am rocking Violet in her rocking chair, but when I look down there is no baby on my chest. When I look at Scarlett with clever eyes she is holding her, and an empty bottle, so she must have fed her.

"Hey," I say

"I'm going to bed, but I'm going to watch some Vampire Diaries" she replies and I check the clock where it reads just after 12 am and I nod

"I'm coming," I say and she goes to the bed, whilst I go to the bathroom to wash my makeup off of my face and wash my hands.

I dry my hands and face and walk back into my bedroom, where I can see Elena blaring on my TV screen, I slide in the bed next to Scarlett and she hands me Violet, and I cuddle her close.

When I feel my eyes get heavy I place her in her little bed beside me and I roll over closing my eyes.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~