~ Chapter 02 ~

~ CHAPTER 02~

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I PULL INTO THE Shepherd's driveway, and I look back, where Violet's baby mirror is plastered on the back seat of my car facing her, she's rear-facing, so I can see her through the reflection of the mirror. It reflects her face and she is awake and looking around, she sleeps for most of the day so it's amazing when she's awake.

She really is perfect. She has my dark brown hair but Jax's beautiful green eyes, and she looks exactly like he does. She has his soft features, his lips, his nose and his infectious smile. For being 6 weeks old, when she smiles, she lights up the room. But it hurts. It really hurts.

These 6 weeks have been the best and the worst 6 weeks of my life. I have never been so exhausted in my life, but so happy. She completed me and made me whole again. I never knew how much I needed her. I love this little girl so much, but she reminds me so much of her father. She reminds me of how much I miss him.

I smile and coo at her. Sometimes I can't believe she's my baby, mine to keep forever and ever. It amazes me every day that I grew her for 40 weeks and now she's here.

"Hi baby," I say and she looks up at me and gurgles

"Is that right" I continue and her eyes light up "Are you ready to go inside and see glammie, and grandpa, and aunty Chloe?" I sing-song "Yes! I think so too baby"

"Let's go" I then say and I open up my door, grabbing my bag, which is like my purse, but I'm a personal assistant so I need to have my planner and other assistanty things. I then walk open the boot of my car and pull out her baby bag, I zip the bag fully closed, and sling it over my shoulder, before I shut the boot, and open the car door.

I grab Violet's car seat and unhook it. Once the car seat is safe in the crook of my arm, I then try my best to carry all 3 things inside the house. After I manage to open the door and make it in, I drop the baby bag at the front door and walk into the kitchen.

"Good Morning," I say to Chloe who's sitting at the breakfast bar holding her arms out of the baby.

"Morning," she says and then stares down at Violet, smiling. I place the seat on the bench and she unclicks the baby. I watch her and help her lift Violet out, making sure she is supporting her head.

"Do you need a lift to school?" I ask her

"No, I'm all good, Max is picking me up," she says, Max is her boyfriend, he seems nice.

"Okay, is your mum up?" I ask and I whip around when I hear footsteps

"I am now," Jane says yawning, I walk up to her, flattening her hair and fixing her silk nightgown

"Good morning," I say

"Thanks, darling" she replies, walking over to Chloe who is snuggling the baby

"Glammie says good morning Violet," she says before she walks around the bench to the kitchen cabinets. She pours herself a cup of coffee, pulling out another cup, Julian following shortly behind, he walks up to me and kisses my forehead then walks over to Violet.

"And how's my favourite grandbaby today?" he asks

"She's good, she only woke up twice last night," I say

"Yay" Jane says holding her hand shaking it

"Good girl," Julian says, kissing his granddaughter's forehead as he did mine, he then walks over to his wife and kisses her. She smiles and wraps her arms around his neck. I look down, as my heartaches. No matter how much I tell myself I am over him, and I don't need him. I do. I really do.

"Ew, stop my eyes," Chloe says, covering her eyes with her hand, and I laugh, pulling my blouse over my hand to wipe my watery eyes.

"Oh grow up Chloe," Jane says

"Keep your eyes closed then because I'm not going to stop kissing your mum," Julian says, and I snigger whilst Chloe squeals and Jane slaps his chest

"What! She's hot, who wouldn't" he says

"That's true," I say and Violet lets out a tiny baby squeal

"See Violet agrees with me, glammie is gorgeous isn't she," he says, and Chloe props her up

"Have you eaten yet?" Jane asks me, and I turn to her

"Ah, if you mean coffee, yes," I say

"What! Tori let's make something to eat then" she says

"No, no! Jane, it's fine"

"Nonsense, you need to eat, Jules tell her" Jane replies

"Yeah, listen to Jane," he says mockingly

"Fine! We better not be late then" I say

"I'm the boss, I can be as late as I want" she replies

"Okay, but at least let me help," I say to her and get up

"Nope, sit down, Victoria you carried my grandbaby for 9 months, and you are a brilliant mama, you need to be pampered, even if it is just breakfast," she says

"Alright! I rest my case" I say and I throw my hands up and I smile. The Shepherds really treat me well.

"Yay," She says and she smiles big, opening the fridge

"Mum! That's not fair, you made me eat cereal" Chloe jokes, and I snicker

"Did you bring the most precious thing ever into this world?" Jane replies "No you didn't, Miss Victoria Bell did" she adds

"Haha, your mum likes me better" I sing-song, getting up to help Jane with the eggs

"Oh shut up," Chloe says laughing whilst I stick my tongue out at her, but we get interrupted by a notification on Chloe's phone and the honk of a car at the front door. I look out the big window and it's her boyfriend, waiting for her.

"That's Max," she says and I put the bowl down and walk over to grab Violet "Bye baby, I'll miss you," she says, kissing her tiny nose, I snuggle Violet into the crook of my elbow.

"Be good today," I say "Let me know if you need me to pick you up"

"I will" she replies and she dumps her spoon and bowl into the sink

"Have fun sweetie" Julian says

"Tell Max to drive safe" Jane adds

"I will mum" she replies, grabbing her bag, running out the door, and I watch her open the passenger seat door of her boyfriend's car, and climb in kissing him, hello, and I smile. They are perfect.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~