𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 - 03

"𝑌𝑜𝑢'𝑟𝑒 𝑠𝑜 𝑤𝑒𝑖𝑟𝑑 𝑎𝑛𝑑 𝐼 𝑠𝑡𝑖𝑙𝑙 𝑙𝑜𝑣𝑒 𝑦𝑜𝑢."
❤︎
___________________________________________

JAZIEL'S PO𝐕
___________________________________________

"And the old widow goes to the stone everyday."

"But I don't, I just sit here and wait."

"Grieving for the living."

Words flowed out of Kyle, Lyla and I's mouth as a proof of how much of great singers we all can be.
That sweet melody, that soft voice, that perfect tone - yup, all of it was there. I'm sure it sounded great.

Really great.

Note the sarcasm, guys, note the sarcasm.

"Oh goddamn,
My pain fits in the palm of your freezing hand,
taking mine but it's been promised to another."
This time, each of our voices went an octave high and I'm sure if there were other people in the library except us, then we would have gotten a standing ovation for our marvelous performance.

Again sarcasm!

Grinning from ear to ear, we kept on singing different Taylor swift songs because one thing we had in common were, we all were Swifties.

"They think she did it but they just can't prove it,
She thinks I did it but she just-"

"Let's sing another song. Now, this is giving me scary vibes especially this late at night." I interrupted Kyle while he was full in the motion of singing "No body, No crime."

"Lemme complete it!" Raising his hand, he waved off my complaint.
Holding his phone as a mic, he continued,
"She thinks I did it but she just can't prove it." His tone and pitch almost making a perfect rhythm. He turned around, looking at me and Lyla.
"I feel so smug and powerful singing this song." He exclaimed, his eyes shining in happiness and joy.

"Oooh, let's sing damn if these walls could talk!" Lyla suggested almost jumping out of her seat.

This was one of her favourite songs and mine too so just like that , we started another song.

I like this song because it's shows how our human nature is, how love is, it was clear that the boy and girl, from whose perspective those singers were singing, they both were in love but they were also young, too young to overcome the painful clutches of love.

Love is beautiful but a dangerous thing.
The love they both had sought out for each other was now the one torturing them.

That's why finding love or being in love is so fucking scary.
But so fucking alluring.

I guess the scariest part about love is that you don't know if the person you claim to love is your actual true love, the uncertainty of someone out there, someone else being your true soul mate is always there.

Atleast that's what I think.
Maybe there is a certain way you feel when you are with your significant other, the one for whom your heart beats erratically and your stomach becomes a flurry of butterflies, maybe even the whole zoo starts jumping around there.

This is what all those romance novels and movies said about the symptoms of loving someone.

But I don't think so it's true. Atleast not for me. I've never felt like this with anyone.

And besides it doesn't even matter.
Being an Indian and that also from a fairly conservative family, arranged marriage was the fate for me.

I shouldn't even think about loving someone or having a partner knowing fully well that I wouldn't be able to spend the rest of my life with that person.