𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 - 04

"𝑃𝑒𝑜𝑝𝑙𝑒 𝑑𝑜𝑛'𝑡 ℎ𝑎𝑡𝑒 𝑑𝑎𝑟𝑘𝑛𝑒𝑠𝑠. 𝑇ℎ𝑒𝑦 ℎ𝑎𝑡𝑒 𝑤ℎ𝑎𝑡 𝑡ℎ𝑒𝑦 𝑑𝑜𝑛'𝑡 𝑘𝑛𝑜𝑤 𝑎𝑛𝑑 𝑑𝑎𝑟𝑘𝑛𝑒𝑠𝑠 𝑖𝑠 𝑓𝑢𝑙𝑙 𝑜𝑓 𝑡ℎ𝑒 𝑢𝑛𝑘𝑛𝑜𝑤𝑛."
❤︎

___________________________________________

JAZIEL'S POV

___________________________________________

"Oh my..."

"Oh god..."

What's with both of them? Did they secretly take some drug which I don't know about?

"Did you hear that?" Kyle let out between laughs and Lyla nodded before saying,
"Yeah, I did. Gosh! Kyle"

"What is it? Did I say something funny?"

Kyle immediately sobered up while Lyla still remained laughing.
"Nope."
But his lips again tugged upwards and in no time, he was clutching his stomach hard while pearls of laughter left both his and Lyla's mouth.
"What you said was hilarious!"

"Jaz, my baby." Lyla came upto me, slinging her arm around my shoulder.
" You can't go alone in there. You hate empty spaces."

Oh yeah. I get it now.
Of course I hate empty spaces but I mean the lights were still on and I can just quickly go inside and grab my phone and run out. Why would I be scared of that?

"You throw tantrums around even if I tell you to go get a glass of water alone from the kitchen at my house."

I remember that. I immediately turned towards her.
"But in my defense it was late at night and downstairs was all filled with a kind of gloomy silence of darkness."
I added my hand gestures, moving them around as if forming a cloud.

"Really?" She cocked her eyebrow at me mockingly.

"You do that even in the broad daylight."
Kyle spoke in from of us, still laughing like an idiot.

"Stop laughing, you dumbass." I showed him my fist.

Moving away my shoulder from under Lyla's arm, I straightened up.

"You both, stop it. I'm going inside and will come out quickly. It's not like I have to stay there for more than a minute."
I said with my chin held high.

" You see, I'm going to run inside that door." I pointed to the big brown double doors of the library.
"Get my phone and quickly come out."

They both nodded with shit eating grins on the both of their faces.
"Sure sure." Kyke uttered sarcastically.

I stuck my tongue out at him before turning around on my heels and starting to walk towards the library.

I feel like sticking your tongue out is much better than showing the finger. Like what is the use of showing the finger when you can always stuck your tongue out?

I don't know if what I'm saying even makes any sense.
Like sticking out your tongue is more fun than just plainly using your middle finger. Which reminds me why I don't usually use middle finger - it's because for most of my childhood period, upto until 9th grade, I thought that middle finger was the finger for engagement rings.

I know, I know. Pretty dumb, right?

"Be careful, Jaz. Should we come along?"
I could hear concern in Lyla's voice.