2 - Partner

Still craving for avocado.

It is still lunch, so I returned to the cafeteria, there's less people now and I'm a ninja.

"Oomph." I covered my eyes. The cup of avocado on my other hand.

Erase. Erase. Erase. My eyes, oh my not so innocent eyes. Why?

"Huh? What's wrong?"' Another of my bullies whispered to his... yuck... partner in their make-out session, mr. Nice to meet you. Ugh.

"What are you doing here?" Her sweet yet fake voice asked.

"I...uh..." I peeked between my fingers. The previous image of their session still in my mind. Ugh. Gross.

"Avocado." I raised my cup awkwardly. It was not my intention to look but I noticed his eyes... they were sad... for a second, hurt then angry. My chest suddenly hurt making my hand that covering my face to clutch on it.

"Tsk." He stood up.

"I didn't see nothing." I quickly scrambled out. Way to go, Thalia, Why do they have to do that in front of me? Well, for first timers I was the one who suddenly popped up and second, it's a normal thing, I think. I don't really have the affinity with that kind of thing. Aiyu said that I am still a kid, but he is older than me. He is always older than anyone.

Anyways.....Avocados are delicious! Hmm... I smiled to myself delighted. "This school year will be interesting." I mumbled.

The bell rang, and I ran.

I did not notice that I wondered to the opposite side of the school, away from my next class.

"Oh, you're late.. and because?" Congratulations, I was late. Mr. Crow raised his brow. Curse you delicious avocado!

"Late... lunch?" I whispered just enough for him to hear. He stared at me. I adjusted my glasses. That was the truth.

"And... Mr. Michael?" What? Somebody's behind me, isn't there? Wait. Michael... heard that somewhere.

"Lunch." The familiar voice said. Oh... that guy.. Yeah right, lunch.

I internally groaned at the image in my head. Erase. Erase.

Mr. Crow nod at us to go sit. Eeh.. He's tailing me. I sat at the back, the usual place, and a screech beside me suggested what I don't like. There's some whispers and laughters and disgusted looks. Oh no. What in the world are they thinking? No. No. No. It was Mira who did it with him, not me! I sat down throwing my bag to the ground. Now, I'm a whore.

"Quiet." Mr. Crow tapped the table, back to business. Although, i can still hear my new nickname. Way to expand my reputation.

"Since, Ms. Nicolai and Mr. Michael decided to turn out last, you two will be partners for this project." He pointed at the blackboard. Wait, what?

A low growl runs chills on my arms. I turned to my... partner. Unbelievable. This? This is my partner? I'd rather do it alone. I was to raise my hand but...

"You have to do it by partners, no individuals, or else, no grade." Ow. I slumped back to my seat. Getting my pen and notebook to take down notes of what the project is all about, since my excuse of a partner does not look like the writing type.

After few instructions, he left us to talk about our project. Sheesh, that's just an excuse to talk to another teacher.

So, I turned to my right, surprisingly, he was staring at me. Weird people. and so... we had a staring contest because I... I don't know. I just felt like it.

A few... something after, he shifted his gaze to my paper. I witnessed his resolve so I made a decision.

"I will draft the project for your approval." I whispered. He gave a confused look and was about to say something.