15 - Sleep

Warm. Something's trailing my cheek. It's warm and comforting. My breathing was still steady, and my heartbeat barely audible. Aiyu said that it's strange for me to have such kind of heartbeat. As if, i'm weak. Maybe. I felt the bed under me, I'm facing sideways to my left and I know he's facing me. His scent was a blanket and his presence like a soft cushion that I could safely fell into. I opened my eyes, deciding that it won't be good to observe with my feelings. As I did, deep sapphire eyes met mine. He's not startled by my sudden awakening. He's too close. Too close. His lips straighten to a timid smile. Content, somehow. As he caressed my cheek.

"You're beautiful." His voice were husky. Chase never compliments me. I doubt he has those words in his vocabulary.
I smiled with a knowing look. "Mate." I mouthed.

That's where I got him. He smiled sheepishly.

"Mine." He purred closing our distance. I know what he aims to do. He has a different kind of possessiveness, not forced but more... meaningful. He's not Chase.

"What's your name?" I broke his plan, amusement written on his face.

"Orion, my love." I smiled. Interesting. So, that's the name of Chase's wolf. We finally met. I nod before turning around, I was planning to sit up but he pulled me back.

"Where do you think you're going?" I did not answer. His voice was laced with desire, something that amused me. I guess only Chase hates me with a passion, or maybe...

"What if I'm human?" I asked, his brows creased.

"I will never reject you, whatever or whoever you are. I will always want... need you. You are my precious mate. My other half. I apologize if we hurt you. It's unforgivable. He was too closed off." I can sense rage and hurt from his words. Maybe, i don't want him to think such things.

"It's not your fault, not yours or Chase's." I whispered, My hand reached for the stray hair trying to hide his mesmerising eyes.

"My dear mate, we are lucky to have you." Lucky? No. Remembering all the bloods on my hand. Lucky? My eyes were flickering to red, I squinted my eyes.

"Are you okay?" His voice were too low, too deep, too caring.

"Still breathing." No. Never ok.

"What's her name?" Orion purred.

"Who?" I know who he's talking about but still I asked.

"Your wolf." I giggled, taking him aback so I sat up, quickly making my way towards the door. But I stopped when he growled playfully, sitting at the side of the bed.

"It's nice meeting you, Orion. oh... My name's Winter." I slammed the door and left him.

Now.. now.. Where are you, Aiyu? You didn't leave me here, right?
I sniffed the air.

"This is boring." Kyle groaned. "Why do you have to visit? Ugh. Babysitting a vampire."

"Lianne." Aiyu waved. Kyle and Jack took a second to fill in my presence, before seeing their wondering eyes.

"I didn't notice you there." Told you, due to my faint heartbeat I can become a ninja.

"I would like to talk to him." I stated, not asked.

"You can talk to him. Here." Jack declared. Are you always going to argue?

"I mean alone." I said walking to Aiyu, but Kyle got in the way.

"Sorry Missy, but Alpha's order." I sighed. Actually we can talk in the link. But I need to be close to him. I missed the old man. He'll definitely scold me if he heard that.

The two were to act when they realized what has happened. Aiyu is already on my side, holding me by the shouder.

"You need to exercise." He teased and low growls grumbled from the two.

"Let them." I did not have to look up to see Chase by the stairs, his presence overflowing. He has regained control. "But you will explain later." But he heard what Orion and I talked about.

"Thanks." and pushed Aiyu outside.

"Don't eavesdrop." I warned with a smile before closing the door. We sat at the foot of the stairs. I leaned unto him. He then wrapped his left arm on me." I sniffed his scent. Calming. I've been needing this. His scent has a different calming effect. Like washing my face after waking up. Refreshing.

"You need a haircut." He has a jet black hair and it can be ponytailed. It's almost reaching his shoulders.

"You did not drag me out here for that."

"I did. Why do I always have to remind you?"

"You haven't gone back home."

"I know."

'Is your condition getting worse?' he talked in the link. Our talk can still be heard even if we whispered. He knows I don't want to get this topic over my mate's ears.

'I've been passing out these days.' I answered

"Well, I can sleep, at least." I added verbally.

'You passed out an hour ago.'

'I did? Well, in my defense he was too close.'

'He is causing this?' I punched him at the stomach, lightly.

"He's calming me."

"Too calm." Chase has this calming effect, unlike Aiyu's, his was like a soft bed and fluffy blanket, lulling me to sleep. Well, I don't really have any problem sleeping anywhere.

"You still have to take care of yourself." He reminded me for the countless time.

"Why? I don't really have anything here." He pushed me a bit, and made me look at him, like what the hell. My mate just wants me because of the bond, even though Orion said those words, I still saw his want for power. He had given up on me when I yelled to them that I don't care about anything about them. I saw through those caring eyes. I could see him before he introduced himself. He wanted me gone, but he saw my monster now.

"Lianne." Aiyu whispered probably knowing what I had in mind. He's been there for me, as much as I can remember.

"Aiyu... Thank you for taking care of me but you know I have been long gone." The supposed emotions are detached. I never cried. I never grieved even if naturally, I should. This mate bond might have a tug on whatever's left but it's not enough.

"You know I can never leave you, my love." He smiled sadly.

Until the loud growl and a bang of the door made him stand.

"That's enough." Chase is irationally being possessive again. His voice is still but I know how mad he was.

I lazily got up and dusted my sweat pants, his... I haven't changed yet.

"You owe me an explanation." I turned around and the flight of stairs added to his towering figure hugging the space. Tsk. Possessive Alpha.

"Fine." I said stepping away. His scent was too much. Tsk. He went inside expecting us to follow.