14 - Past

"Mine." A growl grumbled and I am now out of Aiyu's arms, but another has me. My hood fell masking my face. But his scent is too intoxicating. I pulled back my hood. Seeing Aiyu facing us, confused then laughed.

"Your mate is really possessive, huh?"
I rolled my eyes.

"Can you let me go now?" I asked Chase who has no intention of doing such. Quit being weird now!

"No, you're mine." I sighed.

"Can you let me go?" I repeated.

He breathed out and loosened his grip on my waist. It seems that giving off my real scent got his instincts up.

"Can we sit now?" I asked impatiently. And I was walking to Aiyu but a hand snake over my arms.

"You are not sitting with him." Chase growled. He's been doing that now. I'm only using my 'human scent' but does he notice that?

"We will." I have not noticed Kyle and Jack's presence.

"So, what brings you here?" Chase asked. Aiyu is sitting between the other two, and I? I sat on the floor, just below Chase's seat. I know it is not the most prettiest sit but oh well, i'm comfy. I sprawled the puzzle pieces which Aiyu brought.

"Explanation equals Aiyu." I stated much interested with the puzzle. He knows how I am when it comes with the incoming topic, so he brought a distraction.

"Aiyu?"

I pointed at Aiyu. Still not looking up.

"Thank you, babe for a nice introduction."

Growl.

"Mine!" Maybe it was a bad idea to reveal myself. The mate bond grew stronger and that might be why he is like this.

I felt Chase stood up, but who cares, it's just his tantrums.

"Oh, my bad."

'Is he always like this?'

'Just this morning.' I shrugged.

"Do you want to hear the explanation?"
Chase scoffed and sat.

Silence.

"I'm certain you're all wondering about how she is also the same kind as you. Lianne, shall we start?"

"Knock yourself out." I replied, slightly seeing a picture of this puzzle.

"Lianne is the daughter of an Alpha and an Omega. Born into a feared Alpha yet he loved his mate so dearly. I was a witness to it. Her mother was my dearest friend." It's not exactly a taboo that a wolf and vampire can be in good terms, it was just rare. "And as she is her child, I promised to look after her." Aiyu knows that hiding everything will not lead us to the intended outcome. I haven't briefed him of what happened but he seems to be fully aware. Well, such mysterious creature who knows almost everything.

"Alpha of what pack?"

"Well, you probably knew them, Moonstone pack or mostly known as the pack that does not exist anymore."

"It is real?" Kyle. "I thought it was just a story to scare us."

"Well, you have her as a proof."

"But there was supposed to be none left of the Moonstone pack."

"I thought so. It was Lianne's birthday so I decided to come visit, she was turning seven back then. But when I arrived from the borders it was dead silent until I saw bodies lying everywhere, The Alpha lies beside her Luna. However, I did not saw Lianne. I searched for her, but then I came to this old building. Reeking of blood and everything foul, but I had her scent there. Walking inside was not much to my liking, the filth of the rogues was evident. But I did not find one single rogue at least none was alive. I followed paw prints which turned into small steps. And at the end of the trail is her, almost unrecognizable, with the blood everywhere. But it was not hers, I knew that. What surprised me most is what she said."

"They wanted to play." I whispered enough for them to hear.

"She killed them." Kyle's voice was terrified.

I placed the next piece, I'm halfway finishing. It looks like a tree.

"I kept her for a while since it would be dangerous for her and for anyone." To keep that kind of secret on a massacre case, I don't exactly know how he managed to hide me or if not, convince the wolf elders. But Aiyu is Aiyu. He used to be one of the higher ups, so it's not new that he has that kind of influence.

"Until she learned to how to hide her scent and she started slipping to towns." He sighed. I was rebellious as he often noted. "I let her go eventually. Whatever her actions are of her will."

'Tada!' I celebrated as I finished the puzzle. It's a huge tree in winter. Despite of the winter clouds, the moon shines in its last quarter.

'Really?' I glared at Aiyu. He's still looking ahead, to Chase.

'At least, it's not the cliche wolf under the moon.' He replied.

'It's the same for me.' I yawned. The coffee in my system was all spent up. My eyes tempted to close. I put my hand over my forehead. Blinking a few times. I closed my eyes, my consciousness slowly slipping off.

'Lianne, you alright?'

I don't have the energy to answer. I felt lazy all of a sudden. My body falling sideways.

"Thalia!" I heard, cold hands were the last thing I registered.

----
Aiyu calls Thalia, Lianne. Based on her Second Name - Rhianne and also after her mother.