This is real - Tommy pt 2

T/W Mild gore, description of injury, hospitals, panic attacks, minor character death.

Tommy's P.O.V

Wilbur was on his way. He told me that he was on his way and that I was gonna be okay but it was so hard to listen to that when all I could hear was screaming. My parents had moved from their room to the living area. The screaming was louder now, more frantic. My brain was too foggy to figure out what they were saying until suddenly my mother's tone changed completely.

"HELP!" 

She was screaming bloody murder. Instead of competing with my dad's volume now, she was screaming out in pain. In pure terror. I knew that I couldn't help. No matter what I did I wouldn't be able to help. My dad was so much stronger than me and I would be tossed aside like a rag doll. 

It had happened before.

I just pressed my hands tightly over my ears and prayed to any god or deity that could hear me, that the violence would end.

After about 10 minutes, everything went silent. The sudden slamming of a door brought me back to reality as I realised my dad had left. I had to check on my mum.

Wilbur's P.O.V

I had been driving for almost an hour when I decided to call Tommy. I was so worried about him and I wanted to know if he was alright. I connected my phone to my cars speaker system and called Tommy.

It rang twice before he picked up. 

"Tommy? Is everything alright?" I asked gently.

"The screaming stopped..." He murmured, sounding hoarse like he had been crying.

"What?" 

"She stopped screaming. I-... I think something bad happened. I have to check." 

"Tommy, please don't put yourself in danger. Are you sure it's safe?" 

"I think my dad left so...it should be fine." 

"Okay just...be careful." 

"I'm not sure if I can walk much anyway." 

"What do you mean?" 

"My legs hurt really bad but it's fine. I'm gonna try and get up." 

I heard shuffling and a couple of pained noises before unsteady footsteps trekked down the hallway. It was quiet except for Tommy's slightly muffled breathing. Then, all of a sudden, a scream that I could only recognise as Tommy's. Full of pain and anger and fear.

"Tommy?! Are you okay?! Answer me!" 

"I-I have to call th-the police..." He sobbed.

The call ended.

Tommy's P.O.V

I knew that my dad would do many things, but I never expected him to kill his own wife. When I made my way into the living room, the first thing I saw was the blood, splattered over the floor and the walls. Staining the sofas and the carpet. Pooling across the floor. Then I saw the weapon. A knife lay in the middle of the room, glistening with blood. Finally, I saw the body. That's when I screamed. My mother lay, on the floor between the sofas, unmoving. There were several stabs wounds over her body and face that were still bleeding sluggishly and her throat had been slit wide open. To the point that her tongue was hanging down against her neck. I managed to stammer out to Wilbur that I needed to call the police before ending the call and collapsing to my knees beside the body.