Chapter 2- Control is Everything

I walk into the dining hall, the stone in my hand. My friends sit along the long wooden table.

"There she is!" Tait says, raising his glass to me.

I smile and sit down, laying the stone in my lap. They pass me a glass and a plate with heaps of food. I look at it with disgust.

"What's wrong, Ivanna?" Selman asks.

"This is more than anyone can reasonably consume."

They exchange confused looks, "Ivanna, we've seen you eat at least 10 times that amount in one sitting."

"I know, completely wasteful of me to do such."

They send another round of strange looks, "Are you okay?"

"Of course, I am okay. Why wouldn't I be?" I say, scarping some of the food onto another plate.

"You're acting strange." Raoul says.

"Strange?" I ask.

"What happened out there?" Tait asks.

"It's hard to explain, you wouldn't understand if I told you."

"How can you be sure?"

I sigh and show the stone, "This is what happened, it is an Infinity Stone. When I touched it, it burned. It felt like it was melting through my body and soul. It was terrifying. It showed me the horrors of people, what they could do when corrupted." I start shaking, "It doesn't sound as bad as it was."

A chill runs down my spine and I cringe. My friends exchange glances. Raoul looks at me with his pale blue eyes, "My Father told me about Infinity Stones once."

"Can you tell me what they are?"

"I don't quite remember, so don't think that my words have value. There are six Infinity Stones- they are conformed ingots of the old universe. They are very powerful..."

"Do you know what they do?" I ask.

"I remember that one of them can create whatever you want, another can posses the minds and bodies of others, one will take you wherever you want. Uh, there's a stone that lets you see the souls of the people around you-"

"Like Heimdall?" Tait asks.

"Yeah, like Heimdall."

"So how do I find out which Stone this is?" I ask.

"You expect me to know?"

"I guess not."

"Try taking us outside." Tait says excitedly, "If we can't tell immediately, surely we can eliminate a few possibilities."

"That's the first smart thing that has ever come out of your loud mouth." Selman says with a smile.

"Who wants to go with me?" I ask while standing up, "I don't think I can move all of us."

"I say Tait goes with you, after all, it was his idea." Selman says motion for Tait to join me.

"It would be an honor." Tait says proudly walking to my side, "To be the one to help the future Queen of Asgard discover her powers, I would say is the most honorable thing a man can do for his realm." He locks arms with me.

I playfully smack the back of his head, "Don't get ahead of yourself, Tait."

He looks at me, with blue eyes.

"Tait, your eyes." I say, pointing out the obvious, Tait has light brown eyes- or he should. The whites of his eyes turn black for a moment, shining at me. I drop his arm and back away.