Chapter 17- Bitter Tongues

"Wait- hold on, you're besties with the future queen?"

"Yeah, I guess I am."

I sit down at the table, "Hey bestie."

"You heard that?" Peter asks with his voice cracking.

"I believe I hear everything." I say calmly.

He gapes, "I don't know if you're kidding."

Raoul laughs, "That's kind of her thing. Did you get it done?"

I pull out Delvameg, "It's taken care of. Now let's go before I lose my sense of smell forever."

Raoul laughs, "Alright, well, it was good seeing you again, Peter."

"You too." He says, "And it was very lovely meeting you, your highness-"

"Not happening. Ever. My Father has already damaged Asgard's pride over a mortal, I cannot do the same."

"You got a mean sting, Princess." Peter replies with a wink.

I roll my eyes, "Be wise, and do not come to Asgard."

"What happens when I miss you?" He asks sarcastically.

"You sit alone, cry a little; maybe eat some sweets. Like any heart-broken girl."

"Damn. I can't catch a break, can I?"

"Not unless you go away." I say walking back toward the place that the Bifrost dropped us, "Heimdall! Open the Bifrost!"

The rainbow colors rip across the sky and encase us. The golden gears come to a halt as we land inside the Bifrost.

I take a deep breath, "Finally, I get to be home. I just get to sit around and do nothing- in my own home."

Heimdall chuckles, "I'm afraid nothing is that simple."

"I'm afraid you're right." I say, "But I will enjoy the food."

>>><<<

I lay in the floor of my room, just enjoying the inactivity.

A slight knock registers on my door.

"It's open!"

Sif walks in, looking puzzled for a moment, then she looks down, "Ivanna, what in the nine realms are you doing on the floor?"

"Thinking, resting, laying here because I can."

"Get up; I believe we have a more pressing issue."

I sigh, "No rest for the weary, eh?"

"I'm afraid so."

"Well, what is it?"

"Your Father left." Sif says, looking heavy at the heart, "He's going to stay with his mortal. He said he would rather be a good man than a great king."

I let out a long, thoughtful sigh, "I suppose it's for the best. If she were to be brought here, it woud make us the laughing stock of the nine realms. If he were to rule without her, his mind would always be elsewhere. Perhaps it is best he stays with her."

Sif looks at me, "Odin was ready to give him the Throne, Odin is ready to move on. With Loki dead and your Father gone, the only heir he has is you. You're going to be forced into that position whether you're ready or not. The elders will be outraged that you're breaking tradition. You're going to have to be careful with everything you do, every law you decide to enforce."

"Loki's dead?"

"Yes, he died in the fight against Malekith. Did you hear anything else I said?"